Chapter 27) Gut-Feeling

I paced around my locker-room door with annoyance that my cousin was trying to make the matches when that has been my job since I've returned back to this company. I eventually decided on sitting back down into my leather chair and was surrounded in my own thoughts. 

While nonchalantly sitting in the chair and staring at the tanned walls in deep thought, I heard some knocking on the door. 

"Sir, I apologize that this is a bad time to come in here and conversate with you, but Shane wants you in his office and have a talk with him." Paul said.

"Send him in here, Paul."

Paul stood there with his mouth dropped, "I understand. I'll go talk to him."

Paul then left to grab Shane, but something was running through my mind as if something was wrong. I stood there, looking down at my black and gold Jordan shoes. I couldn't process what was going through my head and not even a few minutes began to pass and I could hear Shane and Paul's footsteps approaching my locker-room door. 

"Here's Shane, sir."

"Thank you, Paul."

I watched Paul leave the room and then Shane took a seat next to me. 

"Hey Roman, what's up?"

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about something; like a gut-feeling that something is wrong."

"Have you called Ashley?" He asked.

"I was about to. But before I do, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, I wanted to come in here and discuss what happened between you and Jey Uso earlier tonight during SmackDown."

"Oh, it's a long story. I wasn't thrilled about my cousin trying to make the matches for me when I'm the one who makes the matches. I'm the Tribal Chief of this company, Shane."

"I understand that, Roman. I really do. However, I suggest you call up your wife because it seems like something has you on edge tonight." 

Shane paused, "Wait."

"What's up, Shane?"

"Do you know if Rollins is still locked-up in prison?"

"Yeah. He broke into our house about a month ago and kidnapped my son, but he's back at home and safe. As for the incident, the police quickly took him away and he's hopefully getting life in prison like he's originally supposed to. The prison that he was sent to had to heavily secure the premises because of him breaking out the first time to get revenge on Ashley and I." 

"I'm so sorry that you two are still having to deal with him. But as for Loto and Ashley, are they doing okay?"

"Yeah." I sighed, "I had to take my son to the doctor and he had a terrible bruising because of Seth and he just has to apply an ice pack on his shoulder for thirty-minutes at least twice to three times a day. As for Ashley, she's still feeling slightly traumatized because of him kidnapping our son and I gave that bastard one hell of a beating. I've had to install tons of security cameras and adopt a guard dog to protect my family while I'm out on the road to protect them."

"I'm glad that they're okay, Roman." Shane stood up from the chair, "I understand that you need to head back home to check on your family. As for Jey, I'm sure he'll understand that you have a lot going on. Just have a talk with him when you have the time. I'll see you next Friday!"

"See you later, Shane." I replied.

After Shane left, I started to pack my belongings and head back to Pensacola to check on my family. Something kept causing me to go into deep thought and my gut-feeling said to head over there right now and not stay the night at the nearest hotel. I called up Ashley and explained to her that I was making my way back home and I'd be there early in the morning.

I talked to her for awhile on the phone and then I drove over to Pensacola for the next six-hours. I had this feeling in my stomach that felt like it was tying into a knot. When I reached the house, I parked the car and ran into the house, knocking on the door. After knocking on the door, I watched as the door began to open and I saw my wife at the door with the most beautiful smile on her face. 

Without hesitation, I reeled her into a hug. 

"Ro, are you okay?" Ashley asked. 

"Yeah, I was just worried about something. I'm glad that you guys are okay."

"Of course we're okay! What made you think that we weren't?"

"It's nothing."

"Come on, Ro." She said, escorting me to the bedroom. 

"Loto, continue to watch TV and we'll be out in a few minutes." 

Loto replied to her with a simple nod and continued to watch TV and eat his breakfast. 

Ashley brought me back to our bedroom and sat me down on the bed with a worrisome expression on her face.

"Ro, what made you think that we weren't okay?"

"It's a long story, Ash." I sighed, "I just had this gut-feeling all night that something was wrong and I had to arrive back home as fast as I could. I wasn't able to sleep at all either. I don't understand what was making me overthink so much, Ash."

"We're okay, but you need to get your rest and we'll be in the other room. You look so exhausted."

"Alright." I looked at her with the warmest smile on my face and pressed my lips against hers.

I watched as Ashley left our bedroom to tend to Loto and Duke while I rested for a few hours to catch up on the sleep that I couldn't get earlier due to the constant worrying. Hopefully, this gut-feeling that I was having was just a false statement and nothing more. Then again, I've heard my father tell me as a young boy that I always had to trust in my instincts in order to protect the ones I loved. 

Maybe I'm just overthinking?