Chapter 14) Arriving Back Home

I was enjoying this storyline between me and my cousins. I never thought that I would be in a storyline where I was the champion and that one of my cousins was facing me for it. Jey shown me tonight that he was worthy of facing a couple of more rounds with me in a match for my championship. 

Everyone in the back was astonished with the way our storytelling was interesting to watch. I pulled my cousins into a hug and then I received a random call from Ashley and she wanted me to come home because she wasn't feeling well. 

"Hey, my wife just called and I have to make it back home."

"Alright, Uce!" Jey said.

When I walked down the arena and into my locker-room, I packed my things and then started off my six hour drive back home to Pensacola. I hated that the Thunderdome and my home were six hours apart but because of the pandemic, I'm unable to travel from state-to-state or to different countries like before. 

After making the trip back to my house, I was greeted out in the yard from my son who looked very concerned in the face when I closed the car door. 

"What's wrong, son?"

"It's mommy."

Worried, I looked at my son, "Is she okay?"

"Yeah. Mommy's just throwing up a lot in the bathroom. Is she sick?"

"Yeah, mommy's sick, but she'll be alright." 

I was relieved to know that Ashley was okay and unharmed. It was already time for Loto to fall asleep so I escorted him to his bedroom and tucked him into bed and then I made my way to the bathroom to seeing Ashley slumped down near the toilet seat. I sat down next to her and rubbed her back. 

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Are you okay, babe?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's just the pregnancy making me vomit a lot."

"I figured. Here, let me take you to the bed and I'll take care of you."

"That would be great, Ro." Ashley smiled, "Thank you."

I gently picked up Ashley with ease and carried her down to the bedroom, pulling our beautiful queen-sized blanket over her and sat a trash can next to her side of the bed in case the morning sickness returned. 

Ashley remained silent after thanking me minutes ago. I understood this was her second pregnancy and carrying our unborn child, but I made a promise to myself that I would be there for her through this. Thankfully I'm unable to travel to different countries, states or even cities unless it was to Tampa and back to Pensacola due to what's going on with the world resulting into a pandemic. 

I began to lay down next to Ashley and we started to watch a movie together. She looked as if she was about to fall asleep for the night and I gently placed my hand onto her stomach while beginning to form a warm smile. 

"I'm excited to finally become a father of two."

"You already make an amazing father to Loto and I can't wait to see you holding our second child once they're born."

"Yeah. I just hope everything will be alright with us."

"What do you mean?" Ashley asked with worry.

"I'm talking about with Rollins and how he called your number not too long ago, Ash. I don't want you to be stressed out so much to where we lose the baby due to a miscarriage because of him."

"Ro, that's not going to happen to us." She leaned her head against my shoulder. "Everything is going to be okay."

I took a deep breath and allowed myself to exhale slowly with my eyes closed and wrapped my arm around her. I started to feel more relaxed after realizing that Ashley was right. He wouldn't even dare to bother us again like before. Maybe I was just overthinking the situation? I care so much for Ashley, Loto and my unborn child. I couldn't bare myself to lose them because of that bastard Rollins. 

I gazed upon my beautiful wife to seeing her fall asleep next to me. I pulled her close to me and kissed her forehead before attempting to fall asleep for the night. 

For those that didn't know, Ashley was in a coma for a month and she currently suffers from a lot of trauma because of Rollins and another woman named Charlotte Flair. The thought of almost losing her one night in the hospital sent me into a breakdown to where I was unable to consume food or drinks and I couldn't bare to fall asleep. Ashley almost dying that one night sent me into a panic, a feeling of torment at the thought of me losing the woman I loved that night. Thankfully, I was blessed enough for her to wake up from her coma. Though she had lost her memory for awhile, she soon regained what she had lost at first and then our future became brighter. We got married, had a son together and now we're about to have our second child together. 

I spent half of the night tossing and turning in the bed as the anxiety crept up on me about him coming back and causing harm to my family. The thought alone was enough to make my stomach ache in pain and my heart to race as if I ran a marathon. Eventually, I managed to fall asleep for the night. 

Morning approached and I could feel the sun beaming towards my eyes through our beautiful white curtains. I sat up from the bed and moved the hair from my face while scratching my beard and struggling to fully open my eyes. I glanced next to me to seeing my wife peacefully asleep next to me. I smiled. I gently placed my hand against her shoulder and leaned down to whisper in her ear. 

"Wake up, beautiful."

Ashley didn't budge.

"Beautiful?" I said.

Ashley then began to slowly open her eyes to seeing me smiling at her.

"Good morning." Ashley said, groaning and rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." I smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did. You?" 

"Not really."

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I was just struggling to sleep like usual."

"I'm sorry, Ro."

"It's okay. I was also worried about some things as well."

"Like what?" 

"Rollins and how suspicious it was that he found your phone number and caused you to faint. I'm just worried that he'll put you under a lot of stress and I fear us losing the baby." 

She sat up from the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"It's going to be okay, I promise."

"You sure?" 

Ashley nodded. 

"Alright." I yawned. "What would you want to do today?"

"I'm not quite sure. How about we go shopping for some clothes?"

"Sounds like a plan to me! I'll wake up Loto and tell him to get dressed."

I left the bedroom and knocked on my sons door.

"Son, we're going to the mall to buy some outfits. Get dressed!"

Later on during the day, we all went out shopping together for some nice outfits and everything was going out well. I dealt with a bunch of fans trying to come close towards me and my family and I was beginning to feel uncomfortable; especially during this pandemic. Soon, we picked out some nice outfits from Nike, Adidas and a few other brands and eventually made our way back home to relax for the rest of the day.