Chapter 4) Payback

As the time passed and I finally received the confirmation from WWE that I was able to compete for the Universal Championship, I was feeling exhilarated and determined to claim back what was mine. The only thing that I disliked about the entire match was that I had to face both The Fiend and Braun Strowman in a triple-threat match for the championship at Payback by signing a contract from Adam Pearce.

However, nobody knew about my alliance with Paul Heyman until the ending of SmackDown. I was relaxing in my locker-room until I heard Adam Pearce beginning to open the door.

"Roman? Ah, thank god. I've been looking everywhere for you!" Adam sighed in relief.

Frustrated, I walked over to him and picked up the small, navy blue binder that held the contract inside.

"I wanted to get your signature on this contract for Payback in a triple-threat."

I mumbled something to myself and looked over at Adam.

"I'm gonna have to take a look at this first." I said.

"Okay." He replied.

When SmackDown was minutes away from closing out the show, the cameras rolled out on me sitting down in my locker-room and Adam was standing beside Paul and I. I held the contract in my hand and glanced down at it and looked back up at Adam.

"Fix the changes that we need and tell me right now, I will be at Payback on Sunday. That is a promise. I will be in the triple threat match. Wreck everyone and leave. That is a guarantee; and I will win back my Universal Championship that I never lost in the first place!"

I took a moment to relax.

"That is not just a prediction." I looked at Adam, "That is a spoiler."

I looked next to me seeing Paul with a huge smile on his face.

"Believe that." Paul said, leaning slowly close to my shoulder.

I started to slightly smirk and the show closed out.

The Thunderdome went insane when everyone found out about our alliance together. Social media blew up and everyone was excited to finally see me as a heel instead of a face in the WWE.

As time went on after SmackDown, I relaxed back at my house with my wife and son along with hitting the gym back and forth until Payback.

As the time passed, Payback was tomorrow and I worked out as much as I could in the gym nonstop. I was getting closer to achieving more muscles in my arms and continued to work out for many hours until it started to get dark outside.

"I'm glad that's all over." I said to myself while wiping the sweat off my face with a washcloth.

After taking care of my face, I walked out of the gym after grabbing my duffel bag and made my way to the car to return home see my family waiting for me back at home.

Upon arriving back home, I was exhausted and went to the bathroom to shower for half an hour. Stepping out, I threw on one of my Under Armor shirts, a pair of grey sweatpants, and walked over to the bed and finally fell asleep for the night next to my wife.

Payback 2020

Today was finally the day that I rightfully reclaimed what was mine.

I watched as Braun and The Fiend were battling it out inside of the ring from backstage. I looked over at Paul with a smile on my face, "I'm about to make my way out to that ring, Paul, and they're going witness me holding that title above my head."

"Of course!" He replied, "You know, this is the Roman Reigns that I've always wanted to see. You, sir, are definitely your fathers son; and I know that you are going to someday be holding all the gold."