Chapter 18) Hell In A Cell

After I made it perfectly clear on SmackDown that the Samoan Dynasty would disown Jimmy and Jey if Jey tells me that he quits the match. Although this was supposed to be a storyline that the creative team decided on having us do, it was one of the best storylines in the WWE in years and this felt deeply personal. 

The next day, I made my way over to the gym and decided to run on the treadmill and lift some weights before tomorrow approached for Hell in a Cell. I was determined to win this match against my cousin whether he liked it or not. I continued to work out for the next few hours until it was time to return home to my family for the night. 

When I finally made my way home from the gym, I was greeted by my wife and son as they were cooking me a delicious meal before tomorrow night. Moa Fa'Asaina, which is Samoan chicken, Pani Popo, and more. Ashley always loved cooking food that represented my Samoan culture and she always knew that I enjoyed eating these meals before a big match. When it was time to finally have dinner, we all three sat down at the table and gazed upon a mouthwatering scenery of the Samoan dishes that my wife had cooked for all of us. 

First, I began eating the Moa Fa'Asaina and then the others that she prepared. I could never get enough of my wife's cooking, along with my mother's. 

"This food is delicious, babe." I said, praising her cooking.

"Thank you!" 

I looked over at her with a smile and glanced over at my son who was enjoying the dinner. I love how my son reminds me of myself from my childhood. I was always excited to try out new Samoan dishes and I couldn't get enough of how delicious it was. 

I spent the rest of the night talking with my family and playing with Duke before we all headed to sleep for the night. I had a long day prepared for not just me, but for my cousins as well. When the next day approached, I woke up and done the normal routine of a Sunday morning and made my way down to the Thunderdome. 

After I parked my car, I noticed that Paul was waiting for me in front of the building. Confused, I approached him with a cocked eyebrow. 

"What's up, Paul?"

"Okay, so I was just informed on your match tonight with Jey Uso."

"And?"

"Well, it turns out that your father and Afa are present in the building tonight to watch your match with your cousin and from what it seems, Roman, this match is going to be phenomenal!"

"I figured that, Paul." I scoffed, "I knew my father would be here because he knows who's the man around here in this company. Me."

"Look Roman, let's not start being cocky. You need to prepare for your match against Jey in a few hours."

"I already know this, Paul." I said, running my fingers through my beard. "That's what I was going to do anyways."

"But we have a few things to discuss."

"It can wait an hour prior to the match. I need to get a last minute workout in before the show begins."

"Alright, sir."

I walked past Paul and decided to lift some small weights and began to do some lunges in my personal locker-room before it was time for the show to start in a few hours. I was determined to win this match tonight against my cousin and claim my place as the Head of the Table for this family.

When it was finally showtime, I made my entrance and awaited for Jey to show up and make his way into the ring. I stood there with confidence and holding the Universal Championship against my shoulder, just looking down at him. 

The bell rang and he charged towards me and I quickly blocked him. He and I exchanged punches to each other and falling onto the canvas with force. Jey was determined to win this match; but so was I.

"I only changed for the better." I shouted at him.

Jey continued to say something back and I began to snap.

"I changed because I had to!"

"Now, you're gonna get it!"

Jey ran towards me and I knocked him down onto the ring canvas and slapped him across the face. I continued to throw him down with a Samoan Drop and laid some clothes lines to knock him back down into the ring. Jey ended up hitting me in the jaw with his knee and slung me against the red steel cage. Our match was outstanding as the Thunderdome went wild.

"Let's go!" Jey said, throwing me into the steel cage.

I crawled back into the cage and laid down a spear onto him before he could Dropkick me. He was in agony as he continued to hold onto his stomach. I looked at him with a smile and watched him slamming his hand onto the ring canvas from pain.

"It's been ten minutes, you're gonna wish you quit. I'm gonna take your ass back home." I taunted.

I crawled underneath the bottom rope and lifted up the apron to throw some Kendo Sticks into the ring. Jey then stopped me with a kick to the face. I continued to spear my cousin left and right until he was laying in the ring and gasping for air.

"I don't wanna have to do this. I don't-"

Jey struggled to stand on his own two feet.

"I will end you!" I shouted.

Jey kicked me down and laid down the Uso Splash. I began coughing and lying down on the canvas in agonizing pain.

The referee crouched down to me and asked me, "Roman, what do you say? Do you quit?"

The only thing I could reply with was with a simple sentence.

"I'm the Head of the Table."

Jey went underneath the ring apron and brought out a yellow leather strap. 

"Jey! Stop!"

"Shut up, Paul!" Jey yelled.

"Please, no!" Paul pleaded.

"What do you mean, no?"

"No!"

"What you mean?"

Jey looked back at me with the strap wrapped around his hand and he began to shout at me. 

"You bitch, you gonna get this mark too!" 

I looked over at my cousin with furrowed eyebrows and a frustrated look upon my face. Jey ran towards me with the strap and began to hit me with it across the back, making me fall to the canvas in pain.

"I'm gonna put you down! You're gonna quit today! I'm gonna whip the dog shit out of you!" 

Jey went for another hit against my back with the strap and I fell back down to the ground. After he went for another, I laid down a third spear, knocking him down onto the ground. I looked to my right and seen him lying in the ring, kicking around and holding his stomach.

"I can't breathe, Uce!" Jey said kicking around, in attempt to catch his breath as the collision with my spear knocked the breath out of his system. 

"Do you quit, Jey?" The referee asked. 

"No!" He replied.

"He said no, Roman!" The referee shouted from across the ring.

"You think you're gonna hit me, huh?"

Jey continued to catch his breath. 

"You gonna whip me? I do the whooping around here!"

I walked around and circled him around like a vulture and he was the prey as I had the strap around my hand. He tried to crawl backwards and I followed him with my eyes locked onto him. I took the strap and wrapped it around his hand and other half around my hand, looking at him with a sinister smile on my face.

"You ain't running now."

I moved myself back a little and tugged the rope to drag him to the middle of the canvas.

"You're gonna learn to respect me!" I said as I tugged onto the strap quickly and watched him flounce around the canvas like a fish out of the water.

Jey was laying there in pain and I began to smile from ear-to-ear.

"It's just begun!" I said. 

I took the remaining half of the strap and wrapped it around me once more and seen Jey approaching me slowly when I was pulling his side of the strap closer towards me. He ran towards me and threw a forearm and I threw one back at him. 

Jey managed to pull the entire strap out from my hand and he began putting me into a submission hold with the strap wrapped around my neck. The pain was unbearable and I was unable to breathe. I started to shout and it quickly transitioned into coughing.

"Do you quit?" The referee asked.

"No!" I replied. 

"Did he quit?" Jey asked the referee. 

"No." 

Jey then tried to bring a steel chair into the ring and I Superman Punched him and fell back down to the canvas. I lied there for a second in attempt to catch my breath and still coughing from what just happened. I quickly stood up and put Jey into the Guillotine move. He was slowly beginning to fade and he fell down onto the canvas. 

"Do you wanna quit, Jey?" The referee asked. 

"No, I don't!" Jey shouted.

"I will make you take your last breath!" I shouted.

"Hey! Come on. I'm asking you, Jey. Come on."

"What?" 

"I'm right here, Jey. Just say it." The referee said, concerned about Jey.

I looked behind me as I was sitting in the ring with my fingers through my hair in frustration. 

I glared over at the referee as he trying to console Jey. "Roman, he's not saying it."

A minute later and I crouched down next to Jey and looked down at him with frustration.

"Wake up and say the words. All you had to do was acknowledge me and now it's all the way to this? All you had to do was say that you quit! You came this far, and for what?"

"You can end it right here, Jey." The referee said.

"I swear to god if you do not quit, I can't be held responsible. I'm telling you now. Quit. I'm gonna take this to the next level. Just say it and we can go home."

"I can end it right here." The referee interrupted me.

"Shut your mouth. He's gonna learn his lesson today."

"Come on, Jey."

Paul stood there in disbelief.

I picked up my cousin and laid his head against the ring post while he was laying down. I ran over and performed a drive-by to the temple of his head and he still didn't manage to say the words.

While Jey was lying in the same section where I performed the drive-by, I rammed his head into the steel steps with ease.

"I gotta call it." The referee said, feeling concerned about Jey.

"No, you don't!" I shouted at him. 

"Roman, I gotta call it! Your cousin is out!"

"No, you're out!" 

I grabbed the referee and threw him out of the ring and people from backstage like Adam Pearce and many others immediately ran out to Jey's aid and to pull me apart from him.

"Nobody stops a match I'm apart of. Now I look like a monster! Now I look bad! What am I supposed to tell my child?"

I walked to the door and closed it shut. "We might as well close this, ain't nobody going anywhere now."