Chapter 42) Back To SmackDown

It was hard to believe that Loto is finally enrolled into preschool. Time really does fly when you become a parent over the course of time. Where did the time go?

A few days have passed and it was time for me to return to the Thunderdome and continue my feud with Kevin Owens. Personally, I didn't like Owens. I was hoping that I finally silenced him after my brutal attack to him and my cousin, Jey, last week with ramming steel chairs into them and shouting at them from the top of my lungs. 

After saying my goodbyes to Ashley and the kids, I travelled back to Orlando, Florida and returned to work.

I decided to work out for awhile with my cousins and hold a conversation with Paul until it was finally time for SmackDown to come on and we had to get back into character. Unfortunately, Kevin Owens was running ramped throughout the arena and made his way out to the ring.

"Jey."

"Sup, Uce?" 

"I want you to sneak up on Kevin in the middle of his little segment and slam a steel chair into his back. He needs to know his place in this business."

"Yes sir. I'm on it, Uce."

I stood there with Paul at my side and watched on the flat-screen in my locker-room and listened to him ramble on and on about TLC.

"I'm gonna need all the help I can get if I'm gonna beat you. And Roman, I fight for my family, too. I do. But my family is not a part of this industry. My family supports me by watching at home. So while my family won't be able to help me physically beat you at TLC. I have a few friends that will help me! Let me introduce you to some of them!"

Kevin looks down at the equipment in the ring. 

"First, right here. Chairs. See, chairs-" Kevin cackled, "Chairs are cold. Chairs are unforgiving and at TLC, chairs are going to help me pay you back for every single chair-shot that you gave me last week. Chairs are going to help me bruise you up like you did me. Chairs might even help me break a bone or two. But ironically, chairs are gonna help me make sure that you have a very hard time sitting at the head of the table, and speaking of tables!" Kevin walks over to the hardwood table. "Here's my other friend; my second friend! Table. Now, table's hard. Table's tough to break. But once you do, she's so welcoming and table is looking forward to receiving you at TLC. And then there's my last friend, ladder."

I stood there with Paul at my side and watched the screen of Kevin talking a bunch of nonsense. Of course, he would be the one person who would say that these inanimate objects are his friends and how they're going to beat my ass. Tough luck, Kev. 

"See ladder is probably the most difficult of my friends to handle. Ladder is unforgiving. It's rough around the edges. Ladder's unpredictable, but ladder, Roman, is my favorite friend to work with. Wanna know why? Because at TLC, not only is ladder going to help me hurt you. But ladder is going to help me get back where I belong." Kevin said, climbing the ladder. "Roman, you can keep the Head of the Table. Because at TLC, I will give everything I have to get back to the top of the ladder and become the Universal Champion again!"

I stood there and awaited for my cousin's cue.

"And Roman, you wanna talk about my family. You-"

Then my cousin, Jey, silently makes his way into the ring with a steel chair and slams it against Owens' back with full force before he could say another word. Jey proceeded to beat down Owens in the ribs and back with the steel chair without any remorse. 

I crooked a smile as I watched my cousin beating his ass. I watched Jey pick up Kevin and he was ready to assault him once more.

"Come on! Come on, Uce!" He shouted.

Jey climbed to the top rope and Kevin quickly stood up and grabbed the steel chair and whacked my cousin at the side of the face and spine. He groaned in pain and I watched Owens throwing punches to his face. Moments later, he powerbombed Jey into the hardwood table. I wasn't going to keep watching this nonsense.

My theme song began to play and I stepped out at the ramp with Paul and stood there. We listened to him scream at us the entire time. 

"Come on, Roman!" Kevin shouted, "Come on!"

I was about to run into the ring and throw his ass into the ground and Paul stopped me. 

"No, no, no. Not on his time. You gotta do it on your time. He's calling the shots here." Paul said.

"I'm right here!" Kevin shouted. 

"You call the shots. You're the Head of the Table. You're the Tribal Chief. You're the Universal Champion."

"I'm right here, bitch! Come on!" Kevin shouted with the steel chair in hand. 

"Show him who's the Head of the Table. You call the shots. You're the shot-caller. You're the OG."

"Come fight me!" Kevin proceeded to shout, interrupting Paul. 

"This is your island. This is your ring. You do things on your time."

I stood there and placed the Universal Championship back on my shoulder and looked over him with a smile on my face. I loved pissing him off and walked away.

Throughout SmackDown, I sat down in my locker-room and Kevin decided to run around the arena and shouting at me.

"Roman. Come on, huh? Where are you, tough guy?" Kevin shouted. "I thought you were the Head of the Table!"

He scurried around the arena in anger and was shouting at everyone in sight. This man was really beginning to get on my nerves. Suddenly, I had an idea that came to mind and I went out to confront Owens while the cameras were rolling. 

"Kevin! Kevin! Can I have a word?" Kayla Braxton asked.

"No, no. I have a question for you--Did you see Roman? Where's Roman Reigns? Did you see him?" He panted, "You know what, Kayla. Did you hear what he said about my family last week, huh? You think I wanna do that to Jey Uso? No! You don't talk about my family—No, I did that to his family and that's on Roman! You understand me? You know what? Roman better not-"  

My mindset believed that he was about to talk trash towards my family. My blood. I ran outside my locker-room and greeted Owens with a beating and made sure that Kayla was out of the way before I struck him. 

I slammed him against the fence backstage and beat him senseless to the head until he was laying on the ground and unable to get up. 

"Your family's watching. Who do you think supports your family, huh?" I punched him. "Huh?"

I grabbed his head with my two hands and slammed it into the floor. 

"Tell me this, Kev, are you gonna introduce me to your family, huh?" I punched him again, "You haven't introduced me, huh?" 

Kevin laid on the ground and attempted to catch his breath.

"I'm gonna take this opportunity." I stood up and looked into the camera.

"His family. I don't think we've ever been formally introduced. I'm Roman Reigns. I'm the Head of the Table. I'm the Tribal Chief, your Tribal Chief. I'm the guy who put the roof over your head. I'm the guy who put the food on your table."

I looked over at Kevin.

"And if you don't talk some sense into your husband─Kids. If you don't talk some sense into daddy."

Kevin slammed his hand onto a box in attempt to stand back up. 

"I'm gonna be the guy that takes the food off the table."

I stood up and punted him onto the ground with a cocky smile on my face.

"Have a good night."