Chapter 16) A Surprising Visit

A few days have came and went. I was on my way back to Orlando to prepare for my ongoing feud with my cousin. I knew that Duke would protect Ashley and my son while I was on the road and that was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. After leaving home for a few hours, I decided to hit the gym for awhile. While I was working out and doing my usual workout routine, my phone started to ring and it was Ambrose. 

"What's up, Ambrose?"

"Hey buddy, how have you been?" He asked.

"Good, I'm just exhausted."

"I see. Is it about Rollins?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Rome, talk to me. What's going on?"

"Well, he vandalized my home while I took Ashley and Loto out shopping at the mall. Fortunately, I installed some security cameras and adopted a guard dog named Duke."

"I'm so sorry that this asshole keeps bothering you. If he comes anywhere near me, I'll be more than glad to take out the trash for you, Rome. Also, a guard dog? What breed is he?"

"It's all good, Ambrose. But Duke's a German Shepherd and he was trained to attack on command, so I'm sure that we'll be safe now from him."

"That's a relief. How are things going other than that asshole?"

"We're doing good, man."

I wanted to announce that I was about to become a father of two but I wanted to tell everyone at the same time with my son and Ashley by my side. 

"That's great." He paused, "Hey, I might be visiting Pensacola soon."

"Really? I can't wait to see you again!"

"Me too, buddy."

"How's Renee?"

"She's doing great. Actually, we have some news that we'd want to share with you and Ashley when I'm finally back. I'll be bringing her with me."

"Now I'm in suspense, Ambrose."

"I'll be heading over there in a couple of days. I cannot wait to catch up with you guys like old times!"

"I'll be looking forward to it!" 

Hanging up the phone, I continued my workout session for the next few hours before having to return back home to greet my wife and son for dinner tonight. I couldn't wait to tell Ashley that we were going to be seeing Ambrose and Renee for the first time in forever. When I finished about an hour later of working out, I drove back to the house and I caught myself looking inside of the window before unlocking the door to seeing my son playing with Duke with a smile on his face and hearing laugher emerge from inside the house in which brought a warm smile to my face.

"I'm home, dear." I said, bringing my wife into my embrace after opening the door.

"Welcome home! I just got dinner prepared."

When we all began to have dinner together and she fed the dog some canned food, we sat down and started eating.

"You seem really happy tonight, babe."

"Well, it turns out that we're seeing Ambrose soon." I smiled.

"Really?" 

"I'm so excited!"

"Uncle Dean?" Loto asked.

"Yes! And Aunt Renee!"

"Yay!" Loto replied. 

Loto briefly remembered Ambrose and Renee from the few moments that they would come over and from the time he was born. I couldn't wait to see him bond more with our closest friends since he's slowly beginning to grow up and learn how to talk more fluently. When it was time for bed, I done the usual nighttime routine and carried Loto into his bedroom and tucked him in before making my way to the bedroom with Ashley. I walked into the room seeing her rubbing her stomach with the warmest smile on her face. 

I approached her and planted a kiss upon her forehead and glanced down at her stomach. 

"I can see the baby bump beginning to form."

"Yeah, it's so beautiful."

I kneeled down until I was face-to-face with her stomach and began to smile.

"Hey, Champ. This is daddy and I cannot wait to meet you in a few months. I just know that you're going to become another blessing in this family." I said, leaning down and gently kissed her stomach before laying down in the bed.

"That was so beautiful, Ro." Ashley said, becoming emotional. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too."

We finished our small conversation and prepared to get some rest for the night. A few days have passed since then and I received another call from Ambrose and Renee. I picked up my phone and put it on speaker. 

"Hey buddy! We're going to be heading over to Pensacola today. We're so excited to see you again!"

"That's great! We'll see you soon."

I ended the call and helped Ashley with cleaning up the house until it was spotless. Ashley and I were excited to finally see our two closest friends for the first time in forever and this would also be the perfect time for Loto to share a close bond together for the time being. 

It was already in the mid-afternoon when we heard the car door shut and we went outside to greet them for the first time in months; which felt like years without seeing them. 

"It's so nice to see you three again!" Ambrose said.

"Ashley! I missed you so much." Renee said while reeling Ashley into a hug.

"Hello, Uncle Dean and Aunt Renee!" 

"Hello, sport. Long time, no see!"

Ambrose picked up Loto and was holding a conversation with him as we all walked into the house. Duke began to bark as he seen two different people entering our home.

"Duke, these two are no threat to this home. Down, boy." I said.

Duke sat down and slowly approached them, leaning his head down. Renee began petting his head and he started to build more trust between them. 

"We have some important, but exciting news to share with you guys."

"What's the big news, guys?" I asked.

"Well, we're expecting our first child!"

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Renee!" We both said in sync. 

"Thank you so much! I'm really nervous because this is my first pregnancy."

"Trust me, it will become easier over time. How many weeks are you?"

"About ten weeks already! I've been having the craziest food cravings."

I was sitting down on the couch and trying my hardest not to laugh after remembering when Ashley had those weird food cravings when it came to peanut butter with pickles. 

"What are you laughing at?"

"Ashley had some weird food cravings when she was pregnant with Loto."

"Like what?" 

"Pickles and peanut butter." I laughed.

"That's not funny, Ro."

"I'm just fucking around, Ash." I smiled, looking at her.

"You're terrible!" She playfully teased me.

The room grew silent as Ashley leaned in closer to whisper in my ear. 

"Should we already tell them that we're also expecting our second child?"

"Sure." I replied.

"We also have some news to share with you guys too."

"What's the news, Ashley?"

"We're also expecting baby number two!"

"Another baby?" Loto said in shock.

"Yes, son!" I said.

"Congratulations, Ashley! Loto's going to become a big brother."

"You didn't tell Loto either?" Ambrose and Renee said with shock. 

"No, we were going to keep it a secret until everyone was in the same room to announce the pregnancy but everyone else is busy with their schedules. Because you two are our closest friends and Loto was in the room with us, what better way to announce the pregnancy than to tell your closest friends?" Ashley said, smiling.

"I'm going to be a brother?"

"Yes! You're going to be a big brother because you're older and when they're born, you'll have the opportunity to protect them and be a good example for them as they grow older with you."

"That sounds fun, Daddy!" 

While continuing our conversation, it was shocking to know that Ashley and Renee were pregnant at the same time; along with Loto becoming a big brother and being able to spend time with them before Ambrose has to return back to AEW to have a huge feud between him and Chris Jericho. We spent until almost midnight talking to each other and taking in this moment before they had to return back home first thing in the morning.