Chapter 43) Planning For Christmas Eve

After I was finished with SmackDown, I headed back to my locker-room and was preparing to make another long and lengthy trip back to Pensacola, Florida to be with my wife and kids until my cousin, Jey, was knocking on the door.

"Hey Uce, do you have a minute?"

"What's up, Uce?"

"Well, Christmas is coming in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about how we should get the entire family together for Christmas Eve, Uce."

"I'd like that." I smiled.

"Good, Uce. I'm gonna invite the whole family. How about at your place?"

"Sounds good. Our house is big enough for everyone, but I need to talk with my wife about it first before confirming anything."

"Aight. I'll let you get back home to Ashley and the kids. We'll catch up later."

"See you later, Uce."

I headed outside of the arena and threw on one of my Adidas hoodies. The weather was extremely cold from the high wind and low temperature. Florida doesn't always get cold but when it does, it's bizarre.

It wasn't long until I finally returned back to my house and surprised my wife with a beautiful bouquet of roses that I bought on the way home from work and some little early presents for the kids. I always enjoyed surprising my family and because Christmas was only in a few weeks, I had some shopping to do.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey, Ro. How was work?"

"Eh, It was work. Owens annoyed the hell out of me earlier and was trying to intimidate me like he always does."

"He's always had this issue with you and I'm not sure why. Even around the time I was competing inside the ring, he always glared at you backstage."

"Me either. It's a thousand wonders, Ash."

Ashley realized that I had one of my hands behind my back and raised an eyebrow.

"What's that behind your back, Ro?"

"Oh? These?" I said, pulling out a beautiful bouquet of pink and red roses.

"These are so beautiful. Thank you."

"Anything for my beautiful wife." I said, pressing my lips against hers.

I stepped into the house and greeted Loto, Samaria, and our dog, Duke.

"I missed you, Daddy!" Loto said with excitement.

"I missed you too, Champ." I smiled. "Daddy got you something after work."

"Can I see?"

"Sure, son. I'll be right back."

I walked outside the house and popped open the back of my Range Rover to revealing the newest WWE figure set with a miniature ring and some Paw Patrol plush's of his favorite characters.

I carried his two early presents along with Samaria's into the house and his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"I love it! Thank you, Daddy!"

"You're welcome, Loto."

"What did you get Samaria and Duke?" Ashley asked.

"I bought Duke some dog treats and some stuffed animals. For Samaria, she has a little teddy bear and a Mickey Mouse toy set. Just wait until Christmas. I'm gonna be spoiling you and our kids like there's no tomorrow."

"That's so sweet of you, Ro, but I don't really want anything for Christmas this year."

"How come?"

"I mean, I have you as my wonderful husband and our two beautiful children. That's all I've ever wanted in life."

"I really married the best wife I could ever ask for." I smiled. "I'm still getting you some presents and you can't tell me otherwise."

"Okay, okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

I helped my son bring his gifts into his bedroom and sat them on the floor. His bedroom was full of Paw Patrol and WWE. Mostly Paw Patrol.

"Here we go, son

"Here we go, son. I'm so glad that you love the presents. Just wait until Christmas and you'll be getting a lot more presents along with your sister." I smiled, "Even your mother."

"I can't wait!"

"Well—Daddy has to take your sister's presents into her room now. Enjoy your toys!"

I quietly walked into Samaria's bedroom and sat the little teddy bear next to her inside of her crib and then the Mickey Mouse set on the dresser and tiptoed out without making a noise

I quietly walked into Samaria's bedroom and sat the little teddy bear next to her inside of her crib and then the Mickey Mouse set on the dresser and tiptoed out without making a noise. While quietly shutting the door, Ashley was behind me with the happiest smile on her face.

"Look at you, babe. You're such an amazing father to the kids and an amazing husband."

"What can I say? I love you guys."

I paused. I remembered what Jey said earlier about wanting us to host a Christmas Eve party at the house and I needed her answer before making the final confirmation.

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something."

I escorted Ashley into our bedroom and sat her down on the bed with me.

"You know, Jey wanted us to host a Christmas party get-together on Christmas Eve here at the house. Would you be fine with that? You, me, the family and our friends. We can even bring in Ambrose, Renee, and hell; even Paul."

"I like that, Roman, but what about Samaria?"

"Shit, I forgot about the noise and that would wake her up."

"Isn't her bedroom soundproofed around the walls so she couldn't hear anything outside of her bedroom?"

"I think it is. I know our bedroom's definitely soundproofed."

"We'll have to check it out when she's awake. I wouldn't want all of us to wake her up."

We made our way into bed and relaxed for the night. I couldn't help but to gaze down at my beautiful wife as she peacefully fell asleep in my embrace throughout the night. I was a lucky man to have her in my life and I couldn't wait to spoil her even more for Christmas.

Because of WWE, my paychecks continued to increase in money even more ever since I turned heel. Given that I was also one of the top merchandise sellers and a top superstar in the business. This was the perfect opportunity to spoil the family for Christmas.