Chapter 36) The Survivor Series Aftermath

My family loved meeting my daughter from the moment we arrived home. We spent the next few days taking care of Samaria and Ashley before we headed back to SmackDown; where we all had some unfinished business. As for Jimmy, he was currently injured and unable to compete in the ring. 

As Friday approached, Jey and I needed to head back to SmackDown in the Thunderdome. Survivor Series had so much going on such as The Undertaker's farewell and my match against Drew McIntyre. Everyone was enjoying the family dispute between Jey and I. 

After a long six-hour trip from Pensacola to Orlando, Florida, Jey and I went to the Thunderdome and met up with Paul hours prior before the show. 

"Hello, my Tribal Chief."

"What's up, Paul?"

"Nothing, really. I've been busy this weekend. How was your weekend?"

"Quite eventful, Paul. My wife actually gave birth to our daughter after Survivor Series and I had to make a trip back to Pensacola to be there for her."

"Congratulations to you and Ashley on the birth of your daughter! I've been meaning to ask but how is your wife doing?"

"She's doing well for herself. It sucks that I don't get to spend as much time with her, but it's going to become more difficult once WWE starts allowing the fans back into the arena and traveling from state to state if the pandemic calms down."

"I understand."

"Hey Uce, we gotta get this workout in before SmackDown tonight." Jey said.

"Alright, I'll see you at the show, Paul."

Jey and I went to get a small workout session out of the way before SmackDown was on the air. We were both enjoying the storyline between us and I never understood how we didn't think of this sooner. The fans were loving everything about it!

Hours later, SmackDown started and Jey kicked off the show. He went out to the ring to praise me on my match against Drew McIntyre.

"We did that! After Survivor Series, everyone is talking about the farewell of The Undertaker, Uce. Well, we should be talking about is how the Big Dog represented! I'm talking about the man who represented SmackDown; who represented The Bloodline! Who went toe-to-toe with Drew McIntyre. Man, Drew ain't no pushover, Uce! He beat Randy Orton, he went out there and beat Brock Lesnar. But guess what? At Survivor Series, he ain't beat my cousin!" 

The crowd booed. 

"Let me introduce to you, Drew will always be number two; but my cousin will always be number one. I'm talking about the Universal Champion. The Head of the Table. Best of the Best. My-" Jey stopped mid-sentence to hearing my entrance music beginning to play. 

I walked down to the ring and they shown a promo of what happened during Survivor Series. We both proceeded to watch the footage on the titantron. 

"After your Survivor Series match, what did I tell you to do? I told you leave. But you didn't."

l paused and looked at him sternly. 

"Did I ever tell you I needed help with Drew McIntyre? No, I didn't. Let me ask you this, why did you think you, in my team, team SmackDown, lost at Survivor Series?" I asked.

"They wouldn't listen to me, Uce. You know that I-"

"They wouldn't listen. Why do you think they wouldn't listen? They wouldn't listen because they don't fear you. They don't fear you, because they don't respect you. And like I've said before, if they don't respect you, they don't respect us. And if they don't respect us, then who are we?"

Jey looked down in defeat. 

"Who are we? If I'm not the Head of the Table, then you must think I'm some wannabe bitch in the locker-room begging for Thanksgiving leftovers. Is that who I am? If that's who I am, then who are you? If people look at me like that, then how do they look at you? How do your sons look at you? How does our entire family look at you?" 

Jey looked at the ground and was massaging the sides of his temples from the stress. 

"Is that how you look at me? To you in your eyes, do you look at me like I'm some bitch in the locker-room begging for Thanksgiving leftovers? Is that who I am to you? Is that how you feel about me? Because that's how you are making me feel through your failures and I don't like the way you are making me feel." 

I dropped the microphone and walked away from my cousin. When I arrived backstage, Jey was rubbing the sides of his temples as he walked up to the stage. Suddenly, Otis' theme began to play and he walked down the ramp to have his match against Baron Corbin. Jey was angered with the way I talked down on him in front of our entire family on national television. Furious from earlier, he picked up the nearest steel chair and whacked Otis in the back as hard as he could until he fell down whilst making his way down to the ring. Jey proceeded to take his anger out on Otis with the steel chair without feeling remorse. 

"I'ma get you too, Uce!" He shouted.

Jey knocked Otis down to the ground, feeling defenseless.

"Get up, Uce! Get up, Uce!" Jey shouted. "You're gonna get this beating! Come on, huh? What are you talking about?"

Eventually, the referees broke them apart and sent Jey to the back while they checked on an injured Otis who was unable to compete. 

During SmackDown, the cameras cut to Jey, Paul and I from backstage.

"I heard you, Uce. Saying what you said to do, Uce. I'ma go out and do this, man. Alright, man. Just trust me on this, Uce. I got this!" Jey said.

Kevin Owens approached us with annoyance written all over his face. 

"You know what? I've really had it with your family issues affecting everybody on SmackDown. This isn't your personal playground. Now you wanna go on your little ego-trip and sit at your little table; that's fine, but now you're getting in his head. And for somebody who said family is so important, you sure treat yours like trash."

We all three stood there and watched as Kevin went elsewhere with furrowed eyebrows and I glared at Jey. 

"If you don't take pride in how your sons look at you. Understand that I take pride in how my son looks at me. He doesn't look at me with fear. Fix that!" I demanded.