Chapter 23 - So have we got a deal?

She was hurting, but she didn't run away from it. She embraced the pain. Because when it is deep, that is what has to be done. You have to feel your way out of the darkness when you can't see the light.

- Jm Storm

I was up very early, but I wasn't tired. I had a goal and one that had to be executed as soon as possible.

I had just finished writing my letter to Mrs Pucey and my next goal was to reach out to two people I never thought I'd want to reach out to.

I was going to talk to two Weasleys.

Sure, I had quite a few tricks up my sleeve to execute myself, but I could not do anything that would endanger my immaculate track record. My parents would be furious if I did.

But public humiliation was something that had to be included in my revenge plans and even though I didn't know the twins at all, they were masters at causing havoc and that was exactly what I needed.

So I went back to my dorm to send the letter and grab my bag. My owl Monty was already waiting on the window sill, so I tied the letter around his little claw and gave him a couple treats. I then opened the window and patted his grey feathers before he flew off into the morning sun.

I grabbed my bag and headed out to the Gryffindor tower before breakfast so I could ask the twins about it. I made sure to pack some coins to pay them for their service.

Conversing with Gryffindors other than Benjamin was not something I regularly, or ever really, did, so I got some odd looks when I waited at the bottom of the Gryffindor Tower.

I didn't honestly care though, I had a mission.

So when I spotted the two, I blocked their path and motioned for their friends to move along. They were two years older than me, but looked at me as if I had just grown another head.

"Can we help you?" one of the twins asked carefully. I had no clue which one was which, but that didn't matter.

"Yes, actually, I have a favor to ask." The two looked at each other with a confused look in their eyes.

"And why would we help you? Your family has never exactly been nice to us", the other one said.

"That's true, unfortunately. I cannot excuse their behaviour, but I am the one asking for a favor, not my family and I can't recall ever treating you badly."

The two exchanged another look and then shrugged.

"Follow me", I said and turned around. I walked a while until I found an empty classroom. I opened the door and let them in.

"I need you to pull one of your pranks on Adrian Pucey", I said immediately as I closed the door.

"Pucey? From the Slytherin quidditch team?" One of them asked.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"It doesn't matter why. I just want it to be public, humiliating and not traceable to me. Can you do that?" I said. It was quiet for a while and they clearly did not know how to respond.

"And why would we do that? Pucey's never been explicitly mean to us", one of them said. They had a point, but I had hoped they'd just agree for the fun of it.

"That's true", I sighed. "But he has crossed me and I want him to pay for that. No better way to get some revenge on a Slytherin than to hurt their pride. Besides, he's part of the quidditch team that caused your lifelong ban on quidditch. I'm sure you'd like to have a little fun because of that."