Chapter 7

To honour the last day of winter break, I present thee...

Bala Hatun had come back to the tribe, wounded, with Boran and some of Osman's alps. Bala was taken to Zohre's tent to be healed while Dundar dismissed the alps and ordered Batur to put them in the caged tent where Batur tortured them.

Meanwhile, Bamsi, Osman and Konur were eating in Samsa Cavus's tent. "So... We kissed your hand. We shared bread. Eat, Konur brother," said Samsa Cavus, waking Konur from his thoughts about Ceyda.

"We kissed each other's hands. We broke ourselves. Not even the herbs we step on will be our cure. Ya... Samsa Cavus," replied Konur, pushing his thoughts aside.

"Eyvallah."

They smiled as Bamsi said, "Tree's roar with their leaves. MashaAllah to you, MashaAllah."

Konur went back to his thoughts when Osman asked, "What's happened, Konur alp? You look down."

Konur was a little embarrassed to tell them he was thinking of Ceyda again, but he needed to know she was safe. "Bey, my mind is on-"

"Do I have permission to enter, Osman bey?" Cetin Alp asked, and Konur pressed his lips together.

He came in to inform them about the new Bazaar's ruler, Nizamettin, who arrived and had things to tell them. The men looked at each other with thoughtful expressions, then Osman let him in.

"They are looking for me everywhere. How did you learn and come, Nizamettin?" inquired Osman.

"As you know Osman Bey, information is more valuable than gold. You have to have your ears and eyes everywhere. so you'll have information," Nizamettin replied, forcing a gentle tone.

"Be aware. One day you might get blind and deaf."

Samsa Cavus got up and put his sword to Nizamettin's neck, "Do you want me to take his eyes and ears, Osman Bey?" Nizamettin was clearly annoyed and resisted rolling his eyes.

"Let him, Samsa Cavus," allowed Osman, and Samsa sheathed his sword. "Tell me. What's the problem that brought you here?"

"Alisar Bey wants you to go to the trial tomorrow and defend yourself. He wants the real killers to be exposed. He wants to go hunting with you like the old days."

Osman stood up and faced Nizamettin, "Take our greetings to Alisar bey. He shouldn't worry. Everything will be exposed tomorrow." Nizamettin forced a smile and agreed, then left.

Later, Osman, Samsa Cavus, Bamsi and Konur readied their horses for battle. Before they mounted their horses, Osman looked at Konur and saw the same worried expression on his face. "Who are you worried about?"

"Ceyda," Konur admitted.

Osman slightly smiled and patted his shoulder, "What happened to Ceyda?"

"Beyim, she's still not back. It's been four nights now. I'm worried something bad has happened to her."

Bamsi heard their conversation and stiffened a little. "Ceyda kizim's not back? The last time I saw her was at the graveyard. She gave me her condolences and left to mourn her father and uncle. That was three days ago."

Osman considered this. Ceyda is not one to run away from her tribe, even if she says she would. She cares too much. "Okay, I'll inform the patrol alps and tell them to keep an eye out, but we all know that she wouldn't be in any real danger. My sister is feared by Geyhatu Han himself, MashaAllah."

Konur sighed in relief. He did know it was impossible for Ceyda to be kidnapped, or worse. "Bey, if we finish this mission, and Ceyda still hasn't returned, I will go and look for her myself."