Chapter 47

An extra-long chapter just for you ;)

Sungur Tekin struggled against the ropes that bound him to a tree. Earlier, a Mongol arrived and informed the Monks about Master Hristo's real identity before hitting his head with the back of his sword and tying him to a tree where he was being tortured. When the Mongol and the Monks couldn't get information out of him, they turned their backs, making Sungur further attempt to break free. As he was doing so, an arrow shot against his ropes, startling him. He glanced around the direction it came from and slightly smiled, rubbing his ropes against the sharp point of the arrow.

Come on, Sungur. You must break free. You must escape and inform the White Beards of the information you heard. You must escape and continue spying for this holy cause. You must escape for your family. For your Ceyda-

Right when the ropes were about to cut, the enemies came over and he quickly pulled the arrow behind him.

---

Ceyda strolled through the tribe towards her tent near Ertugrul Ghazi's marquee, not paying attention to her family that sat nearby. Selcan glanced around and her eyes landed on Ceyda who, without any greeting, walked towards her marquee. She sighed in frustration. "Ceyda!"

As she was entering the only black and gold tent, Ceyda turned her head to her name and saw Selcan Hatun calling her over. She sighed lightly before making her way to Selcan Hatun where the rest of her family and Bamsi Bey came into sight. Gunduz had his back against a tree in the center while Zohre, Aygul, and Selcan sat in a row on his right, and Bamsi Bey and Bahadir sat on his left. Selcan narrowed her eyes at her. "What is this mannerism, Ceyda? Come, sit. Look, your family is here."

Ceyda did not answer and glanced at Bamsi Bey and Gunduz Bey who nodded. She nodded at them and sat next to Aygul who smiled at her. Bahadir, who was now across her, smiled as well, then started, "I know... You all suffered because of me. I broke your hearts." He glimpsed Ceyda who stared at the ground, her thoughts landing on the reason for the anxiety she was feeling. "Know that a different Bahadir has come. I want the fights and arguments to disappear in the past."

Remembering those arguments, the others snuck a few glances at Ceyda, oblivious of the fact that she had recently forgiven Bahadir. After Ceyda said nothing, Gunduz spoke, "We don't want to hold grudges and be apart, for sure... You came here, and you brought joy. Welcome. I hope your arrival will be useful for our union, and it will bring blessings."

Bahadir nodded. "InshaAllah, Gunduz Bey. InshaAllah."

Selcan sighed slightly and turned her head to Ceyda. Disapproving over Ceyda's recent behaviour made her forget her past with Bahadir. She could not imagine Ceyda's response to Bahadir's arrival and claim of changing.

"I don't know if my father will accept me in his tent. I have to ask for forgiveness first... for staining his honour over hurting his entrustment... I want to be together then," Bahadir decided.

Selcan's concern morphed into a smile. "Of course. Kayi men can boil iron mountains and make enemies kneel after they unite. I'm glad you came back. I'm glad you came back with nice words, son. When it comes to your father, you will make peace for sure." Bahadir pressed his lips together and stared at Zohre who glared at him when Aygul assured, "Of course. It will pass. My brother Batur left... but my Rabb did not leave us broken and alone. He gave us Ceyda... and now you, Bahadir Abi."

Ceyda's ears perked up at the mention of her cousin, and she felt someone pat her hands. She moved her eyes to her hand and saw it was Aygul.

"Ah Baturum, can we fill your place, son?" Zohre zoned out, then realized what she had said after noticing everyone's dirty looks and corrected herself, "You're right, Aygulum. Only another child, only another life from our blood could lighten this pain."