Chapter 9

Selcan and the women were making a new tent for Ceyda near Erutgrul Ghazi's tent when Aygul and Zohre came over.

"Who's tent it is?" asked Zohre sourly, annoyed by the women wasting materials.

"It's for our daughter, Ceyda," replied Selcan, calmly.

"What? But she lives with me," declared Aygul.

"Not anymore," jumped in Bala.

"So, the new girl gets to decide that? You're crossing your boundaries too much, Bala Hatun. First, you threaten me with a dagger, now will you decide for my sister?" Aygul questioned.

"Bala hatun," Selcan held her hand to stop her before she could reply. "Don't. It's a waste of time."

"What's a waste of time?" continued Zohre. "Talking to Aygul or building a tent for a person who will never wake up?" Aygul glared at her mother but stayed quiet as she defended her.

"Only Allah knows what will happen, Zohre," Selcan reminded sternly.

"The blow she received on her head put her in a sleep to death. I'm just stating facts."

"You seem to know a lot about Ceyda's injury, ana, and I thought she fell on a boulder. What blow did she receive on the head?" Aygul interrogated suspiciously.

Zohre's eyes widened, and she went pale. She quickly pulled herself together and calmly responded, "I am a healer. Did you forget? Of course I know about her injury."

"What blow did she receive on her head?" Aygul repeated as Selcan observed the mother and daughter. Aygul seems very suspicious. I'll have to talk to Zohre later. If she did something...

"Yeter Aygul. Haydi, let's go. You women can continue to waste our materials on someone who doesn't even help get them," and with that, Aygul and Zohre headed back to their marquee.

---

Osman freed his right hand from the chains that were holding them up. He smiled and thanked Allah. "Bey'im!" Konur warned as they heard noises of people coming in. They pretended to be unconscious and Osman put his free hand back into the chains and closed his eyes. He and the alps secretly watched the man that entered as he walked towards Osman. The man laughed at Osman's vulnerability.

Suddenly, Osman choked the man with his free hand and twisted his neck. He then used his free hand to break his other hand out of the chains as the rest of the alps tried breaking free. Osman got out of his ropes and freed his alps. They grabbed their weapons and sliced the enemies as they rushed into the cave.

One of the heads of the men came inside with several soldiers. Bogac was too wounded to fight, and so Osman and his alps were outnumbered.

"You are finally in my hands, Osman Bey," smirked the leader of the soldiers.

"You set a trap, dog!" spat Konur.

"I will kill you like I killed Kanturali who you put after me like an executioner," he sneered.

Osman and his alps froze for a few seconds. Their brother had died. "Kanturali..." Bogac grieved. "Dogs teeth like yours can't bite Kanturali," stated Osman.

The man scoffed. "Dundar Bey's son Batur wants your head."

Boran jerked his head to Osman as Osman frowned. "Batur?"

The man nodded.

"Not you, but even your dogs are afraid of me. I am seeing it in their eyes," Osman observed with a smirk.