Chapter 35

^ I'll explain later ; - ;

"No, you can't leave... Osman Bey said... Osman Bey ... Konur... Kongar..." Ceyda mumbled as a tear fell. She was confused about Kongar's action yet relieved. Suddenly, her face fell. She couldn't go back to Balgay now. She couldn't see her mother now. She couldn't see Kongar now. "You still care... softie. You believe." Ceyda picked herself off the ground and limped towards Konur.

---

Kongar returned to Balgay who scolded him for falling into Osman's hands. Balgay's camp had just been raided by Osman, and Gunduz was saved. His soldiers died, and his camp was burned.

"Did you at least see Ceyda when you were with Osman?" Balgay growled.

Kongar hung his head and clenched his fist, making Balgay glare at him, "I'm talking to you, Kongar!"

"She's not one of us, Komutan Balgay."

"What does that mean?"

"She lied. She pretended to side with us. She was with Osman ever since we went to the tribe."

Balgay froze, "That's impossible."

"It looks like we underestimated her..."

"IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" Kongar gulped silently as Balgay roared in anger at his second defeat of the day.

---

"Are you alright?" Ceyda asked gently as she rushed to Konur's side. Konur watched the direction his brother left from longingly, his eyes red and teary. Ceyda rubbed Konur's arm to comfort him, but he moved her away. Konur silently walked towards his horse. "Osman Bey must be at the cave. I will go inform him of what happened."

Ceyda sighed and stood, "I'm coming as well."

"No. You should go back to that dog."

"It is both of our fault he escaped. Osman Bey must hold us both accountable."

Konur sighed deeply, afraid of Osman's wrath. Then nodded, knowing Ceyda would not let him go alone and mounted his horse. Ceyda looked around and used the same trick she used last time to call hers. Confusion overtook Konur until they heard a horse's whinny. Ceyda opened her eyes and grinned, eager to welcome her saviour.

"Kahramanim! "

Konur smiled, impressed, "You found another horse?"

"He found me. Didn't you go to the forest to find me?"

"I did... so those hoofprints were his."

Ceyda nodded and mounted Kahraman before riding to the cave with Konur.

---

"You wait here, I will go," Konur stated, starting for the cave, but Ceyda stopped him.

"What did I say? We will go together."

Konur tutted, "It is mainly my fault for lowering my guard. You were supposed to be tied with him anyway."

"Konur... it is my fault for leaving you alone with him and not being able to capture him when he escaped."

Konur sighed and shook his head, "Fine... but I'm going in first."

Ceyda nodded gratefully and watched him slowly make his way towards Osman Bey.

---