Chapter 33

"Aygul," Batur called, panting as he entered her tent.

Aygul stood up and furrowed her brow, "What happened?"

"It was her. It was our mother."

Aygul studied Batur carefully, then understood. She rubbed her forehead, "How do you know? Are you sure?"

Batur took out the note he found the other day when he was taking off his armour and showed it to her, "Before when I... let Ceyda go to Balgay-"

"You what?!"

"Shh, please be quiet. Someone will hear. She was begging to go... I couldn't stop her."

Aygul exhaled heavily, "You were always the soft one... Why was she begging to go?"

"In the cave, Ceyda was yelling that she needed to find out why 'she' was there. I didn't fully understand it before but when I found this note..."

"It says 'ana' in Ceyda's writing."

"Yes. It has also been ripped. When we went to Balgay's camp, Konur found the other piece of the note. In the cave, we found out it was information she found from Balgay... if this is the other piece of it..."

"Then our mother was at Balgay's camp..."

Batur nodded, "That's what I ended at too."

"Now what will happen?"

"There is more, bacim. When we were in the prisoner tent, Konur asked Ceyda what the last thing she saw before she fell was."

"And..."

"She said 'ana.'"

"So, our mother is also responsible for Ceyda's injury?"

Batur looked away, and Aygul clenched her fist. She started to leave when Batur stopped her. "Let me go, abi. I have a few questions for my mother."

"Wait, Aygul, wait. We will confront her together. Do not do anything yet."

"But abi-"

"Sabir, Aygul."

Aygul reluctantly nodded. "Ah ana ah, what have you done?"

---

News about Gunduz's missing arrived and Dundar and Batur needed to leave. Batur nodded at Aygul, telling her to not say anything to their mother until he gets back and left with Dundar Bey.

---

Konur Alp sat near Kongar after recently reminding him of his identity as Goktug, and Ceyda resisted dozing off to sleep, while the rest of Osman Bey's companions waited for his arrival from Kuluchaisar Castle.

Upon hearing the thunder of hooves, the Alps stood to see Osman riding towards them. "What have you done, Osman'im?" Bamsi Bey asked cheerfully.

"Yannis accepted my offer. We're going to trick Balgay," Osman declared, making the others nod in happiness.

"Finally, the time has come. He is going to pay for what he has done."

"What is your intention, Osman Bey? Are you going to take Balgay?" Samsa Cavus inquired.

"No, I'm going to kill him."

Ceyda's ears perked up at that, "Do you think he will fall for the trap, Bey?"

Osman turned to Ceyda and nodded, "We're going to show him that even if you become a friend of evil, your end will be bad. Balgay and his accessories will understand that grand sycamores grow in the stormy lands. We're going to get rid of the ones who prevent us from growing."