Chapter 41

Ceyda jumped off her horse a few miles before the entrance of the tribe. Riding into the tribe would attract unwanted attention, so she decided to sneak through the sides. She dropped the reins around a plant and headed for the tribe, pulling over her hood so no one would see her face. 

As she neared Ertugrul Bey's marquee, where she spotted Gunduz Bey, Bamsi Bey and Boran, she sped up.

"What happened, prenses?" Gunduz Bey asked, mistaking Ceyda under the cloak for Princess Adelfa, who had just recently been saved from Osman Bey and taken refuge in the tribe.

Ceyda smirked and, waiting for the area to clear up, pulled back her hood so they could see her face. "I just found it boring in the tribe, that's all. As you know, the castle is so much more elegant."

Gunduz's eyes widened in surprise, and he turned to Bamsi, who was shocked as well. "Kizim, what are you doing here?"

Ceyda bit back a laugh. "Bamsi Bey, there is news. Don't worry, they won't notice I'm gone."

The former Head Alp nodded, and the Beys listened intently. 

"Alisar... you already know he was the one who attacked us, and Dundar is with him. I overheard their planning. Apparently, Geyhatu is with them against Osman and Balgay. Gunduz Abi, did Zorba invite you to Alisar's kiosk?"

Gunduz nodded, and Ceyda continued, "Don't go. It's a trap. They plan to throw you in the dungeon or kill you. While the Bey of the Kayis is there, Dundar plans to take over the tribe here. He will arrive soon."

Gunduz sighed in relief, "I was hesitant about going. Thank you, Ceyda. You should be with them when they arrive. Continue this act."

"Eyvallah," Ceyda nodded. "There is something else too. Balgay..." She winced at the name. "...and Osman may have allied. This would be another of Osman's games, but is it true?"

Bamsi Bey nodded, "We were thinking the same. Boran Alp and Osman Beyim saved Princess Adelfa... but Osman did not return with him."

Boran, standing a few inches behind Ceyda, hung his head, and then stepped toward Gunduz. "If you allow me, I will track him too."

Gunduz Bey nodded and patted Boran's arm. "First, head out of the tribe with Ceyda. Then, track him." Boran placed his hand on his chest and waited for Ceyda. "Bacim, you should head back now." He thanked her one last time before letting the two leave.

Ceyda pulled her hood further again and headed out with Boran. "You left my Bey?" Ceyda teased.

"Actually, I obeyed his command," Boran defended, still flushing over Gunduz's scolding.

Ceyda chuckled. "Hurry, Boran. They'll think you're strolling around with the Princess."

Boran tutted and shook his head but sped up as Ceyda continued talking, "How does this princess look like anyways? Is she nice?"

"She was afraid... but it makes sense."

"And?"

Boran blinked at Ceyda, "It won't work. Really Ceyda? I expected better from you."

"Oh? So you can tease me, but I can't?" Ceyda asked in a false hurt way. They were out of the tribe now and walking to the horse Ceyda left.

"Yes, because there's nothing to tease me for," replied Boran, a witty expression on his face and somewhat relieved he hadn't fallen for anyone.

"There's nothing to tease me for too, but you still do it. Just you wait Boran. Anyways, did Konur leave?"

"Yes... InshaAllah he will find the letter that proves Goktug is his brother."