Chapter 16

"Open," Kongar commanded the soldiers guarding the door. He pulled Ceyda inside and pushed her in front of Balgay. "Look who I found."

Cerkutay, who stayed by Balgay's side, craned his neck to get a better view. He smirked and ogled the beautiful lady.

"Who's this?" Balgay questioned, a dangerous smirk plastered across his face.

"Look closer."

Balgay reached out his hand when Ceyda let out a grunt and turned away. He tried again, but she did the same thing. Balgay then roughly grabbed her face and held her still, making Ceyda wince. "Vai vai, This is the Fierce Ceyda.. those eyes."

Cerkutay furrowed his brow and stepped back a little. Everyone knew of Ceyda's fierceness and if they didn't, it wouldn't take long for them to find out. Balgay was drawn to Ceyda's dark eyes when Kongar cleared his throat, snapping him out of his thoughts. "What is it?"

"Look at her."

"I am..." Balgay continued smirking.

"No, I mean look at the state she is in."

Ceyda glanced at the people surrounding her. She noticed a familiar face in front of her. He had greying hair, a few wrinkles, and a short-cut beard. She widened her eyes in disbelief. "B-Baba?"

Balgay's smirk turned into an expression of pure confusion, "What?"

Kongar sighed. She's doing it again.

"Baba, Baba! I knew it. I knew you were still with me," Ceyda's face lit up with excitement and joy. Cerkutay started laughing but stopped abruptly when he heard her laugh and saw the smile that brightened her face. "She's serious?"

"What is happening? Kongar, what is wrong with her?" Balgay questioned, trying to break free of Ceyda's bone-crushing hug.

"Deli kiz. Back at the tribe, she called us Mongol's heroes. She was bleeding from the back of her head. It seemed serious. Maybe the side effects of her injury are showing up now."

"Then we better take advantage of this, right Balgay?" Cerkutay jumped in.

"You're right. Kongar, Cerkutay, take her to the dungeon. Bring the Shaman. If she believes me to be her father, then let's make sure I have an obedient daughter... Oi, Kongar."

"Yes, Balgay."

"Would you like this Ceyda as your sister or... as an ornament for your bed," Balgay sneered.

Cerkutay looked down in annoyance. "Why does he always get to pick first?" he muttered.

Kongar stared at Ceyda who was smiling like all her troubles were washed away. His fierceness softened into pity, and he silently sighed. "She is not enough for an ornament."

Cerkutay jerked his head into Balgay's direction. "Yes, now is my chance."

"Really?" Balgay glanced at Cerkutay, who was looking between Balgay and Ceyda, pleading for an opportunity. "Because there are men like him who would kill for a chance with her."

"No, Balgay. Besides, I swore an oath to kill Turks, not bed them."

Balgay cackled. "Okay then, Cerkutay notify Kara Shaman Togay. It will take some time for her to be brainwashed. Kongar, I have another task for you. Go to the new Bazaar, and bring me Sheikh Edebali. Alive. You know what to do to rest."