Chapter 12

As promised...

Osman and Konur arrived at the new bazaar. Sheikh Edebali finally arrived with the Ahis, his daughter and her friend. Konur backed away, and Osman hid behind a pillar as he watched Bala Hatun. Sheikh Edebali got off his horse, followed by the rest of his group and introduced himself and the people with him. When he finished, everyone wished him good luck, and he and the Ahis went towards their shop.

Osman then went to Konur to tell him he will go meet the Sheikh. Konur nodded with a sigh as he remembered his promise to Ceyda.

"Selcan ana, is this Ceyda's tent?"

"Yes, my son. Go."

Konur opened the doors and peeked inside. This tent was not a marquee, but it was bigger than the other tents nearby. Black, gold and white was the theme of the tent. The pavilion was higher than most, and its space was wider. The cushions and racks were larger too. He looked around with awe, "Vai."

He turned towards the bed which was double the size of a normal one, and his smile turned into a frown when he saw who lay there. The colour started coming back to Ceyda's cheeks and lips, but it was very faint.

Konur sat down beside her and pulled the fur so that it covered her shoulders. He then took her hand and placed it on his. It was warmer than before but still a little pale.

"Ah Ceyda. My missions became so lonely without you. My life became so lonely without you...I...became so lonely without you."

He let out a deep breath and looked at Ceyda. She was still flinching from her 'nightmares.' He reached out his hand and gently stroked her face, "Do you remember when you asked me what the Mongols did to me? I know I told you parts of it before, but never the whole story. Now that you can't go anywhere, I might as well tell you. The Mongols destroyed my tribe. They killed my mother and father and took me...and my brother...to be sold at the slave market. Ertugrul Ghazi and Osman Bey were luckily there that day when I was getting tortured because I headbutted one of the buyers. They managed to save me, but my brother was left behind. My Goktug. I trained hard with the alps...and you...I looked in the mountains, the forest, the bazaars, tribes, everywhere, but I couldn't find him. I lost my Goktug, Ceyda. I can't lose you too. Please, Allah let her live through this, let her wake up...and bring me back to life."

Tears dropped onto his armour as Konur looked at the nearly lifeless Ceyda beside him. He pulled himself together as the sadness turned into fury, "I promise you, Ceyda. I will find whoever's responsible for this and make them suffer. I will reveal the games being played to you. I will."

Osman noticed Konur's teary and thoughtful eyes and slightly nudged his brother, "What's wrong?"

Konur turned to Osman, his face full of worry and concern. "Bey, there is another matter."

"What is it?"

"Now is not the time. While you go meet Sheikh Edebali, do I have your permission to visit the graveyard?"

"Graveyard? Is it important?"

"I would not have brought it up now if it wasn't."

Osman nodded. He did not want to push this away as he did with Ceyda. Konur mounted his horse and galloped as fast as he could towards the graveyard.

---

When Konur arrived, he dismounted his horse, tied the reins to a tree and looked around. "May Allah accept you all in His Jannah," he prayed.

Konur decided to roam around the graveyard first. He searched the ground, the rocks, even the trees nearby but couldn't find anything. He sighed as he walked towards the end of graves. He looked beyond and saw a few graves there.