𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

╭                                   ╮
Mystic Falls 1800's
╰                                   ╯

Aurora, or Rory as she much rather preferred, sat outside of the Salvatore home, surrounded by flowers that she had bloomed with her own two hands. The bright sun light shining on her black hair, letting it's natural shine come through. A soft  breeze had blown by the garden where she sat, making the flowers sway the direction the wind had come in. A book sat upon her lap, with a flower crown being made in her hands. She basked in the glory of the silence and tranquility of  her garden. Her lips quirked upwards when she took in her surroundings. She loved everything about nature. The plants and how they ranged in beautiful hues of all things green, the flowers being dancing rainbows of colors blossoming into new life of their own. Her favorite being the sky, how it could be the most brilliant of blues, occasionally dappled by clouds, but also being painted several different colors at the brink of dusk, as if it were a canvas. 

Her peaceful time being interrupted by her own two brothers, "Rory come on, let's play catch," a very sweaty and tired Damon calls to his younger sister, closely followed by Stefan.

She rolls her eyes playfully at the two, turning around and looking at them, "I am in the middle of something you two, why don't you get Katherine to play with you?" Rory knew all about the problems with Katherine, and the love both brothers shared for her. Although she could be problematic, Rory was in fact good friends with her. She knew about her being a vampire, having felt her aura, as well as catching her eating a by passer. Although she felt much remorse for the man that had been killed, Rory didn't blame Katherine. In fact, she helped her clean off the blood from her dress, later on. Katherine also had helped her on multiple occasions with different spells and practices.

The two's bond was unbreakable. Much like sisters, they told another anything and everything, loving each other, and all of the flaws. Katherine being enveloped in all things dark and cold, Rory brought along her own light and warmth. The two balanced each other out.

"We already did, she was in the middle of a dress fitting," a desperate Stefan responds.

Rory pretends to question her options for a few seconds, before standing up, careful not to step on the flowers she previously grown, "Sure. But only if one of you gives me a piggy back ride."

She ran up and jumped up onto Damon's back, giggling as she put her flower crown atop his head, then reaching over and ruffling Stefan's hair, who glared at her but then soon broke out into a grin when he saw Damon newly clad in purple flowers.

The three of them played together like a family should, rejoicing in their youth and enjoying the small moments that are spared. This euphoria was soon ended when their father came out and scolded them for acting as such.