𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The golden threads of the morning's light had transformed into a new day, dreaming into ambient optimism. The rays peeking through the window of their eyes. The curtains in Rory's room added a green hue into her room. For a moment, she lays in bed, staring into an abyss, conjuring the rhythmic sound of the birds singing from outside her window, her heart beating to the same slow place.

She reaches her hand out to the fabric of the shade, noticing how up close the light pours through every open space between the fibers, no different from how it once came through the open windows, illuminating like brilliant fire-flies. The material feels warm beneath her fingertips, and as the sun floods into her room, painting the colors anew, she feels a little of each of those golden rays soaking into her skin.

Rory lived in bliss, completely unaware that her brothers had awoken Mikael.

Whether it was for some sick, twisted revenge for everything Klaus has done, or the fact that a certain Lockwood was now sired to the man, they slowly began getting an upper hand.

Homecoming was that very night. Rebekah practically went on her knees to beg Rory to go with her, and somehow the Salvatore witch agreed. Katherine, who would have normally been upset, wasn't. Not even in the slightest. That Petrova vampire was going to spend some more time with another certain vampire.

"Do you want to go to my house to get ready?" Rory said to Rebekah, walking up to her. "Not this house, evil brother infiltrated house."

"Do you really want to go there?" Rebekah asked, turning around after she dabbled lipstick onto her lips.

"Well, technically speaking," said Rory, turning around and leaning on the doorway with a smirk. "It's not their house. Those assholes left it in my name. I can do what I want. Plus I have a dress that would look perfect on you."

"You're the best person alive, you know that right?"

Aurora Salvatore hadn't had a smile that bright than in that moment.

**✿❀○❀✿**

Being back in the Salvatore Boarding House was a trip for Rory. Not only had she felt like she hadn't been there in a long time, she felt like she wasn't welcomed there. But it's her damn house and if she wants to be there, she's going to be there.