𝐬𝐢𝐱

In the Lockwood Mansion, Mason had finally revealed how to trigger the curse

In the Lockwood Mansion, Mason had finally revealed how to trigger the curse. And now, Tyler's interest is at an all time high. Mason told his nephew the story of how it happened for him, the year previous in Florida. Tyler continued to ask question upon question.

"Wait. The guy died?" Tyler asked. "You killed him?"

Mason looked at him with furrowed brows. "He kept coming at me. It was self defense. He got it in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend.

"Well, were you?"

"No. no." He said shaking his head. "I wouldn't do that. He was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self defense." He repeated.

"And it triggered the curse." Tyler clarified.

"On every full moon I lose control. If I don't sedate myself and chain myself down, I'll kill anything in my path."

The younger Lockwood sat there, listening intently, hanging onto every word he says. Mason, noticing his fascination, looked him in the eyes and told him very sternly, "You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands, and you'll have a lifetime of this. You don't want it Tyler, trust me."

For a moment, they both sat in silence. Tyler, thinking over everything his uncle just told him, and Mason, scanning his nephew's face to see any sort of emotion, but it all came out blank.

"All right. Where is the moonstone?" Mason broke the silence. "Deals a deal. I answered your questions."

Tyler pulled away, so now his back was flush with the chair behind him. "Um... Yeah, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's in here." He then stood up, walking over to another chair in the room, and began moving in creating a loud scraping noise that filled the room. "My dad, he was very kooky about his hiding spots. But, I figured most of them out throughout the years."

Mason started to walk over, just as he was pulling the carpet back. Tyler lifted a piece of wood out of the floor, revealing a small cubby, with a safe inside. He began putting in the code, and once he did so, the safe opened with a small *pop*.

"It's all yours." Tyler said showing Mason into it, who immediately began rummaging through the different files and small knick knacks.

"You going to tell me what's so important about this rock or what?" The younger boy asked. Mason looked back up from his digging, put an innocent face on and told him, "I told you, it's just something I want. Sentimental value."

Tyler gave him an appointed look, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yeah, I'm not really buying that. Why do you really want it?"

"Do you know where it is or not?" Mason asked ignoring his other questions. Tyler just shrugged his shoulders, putting on a look of innocence himself. "No, I figured it would be in here, man." He said indicating towards the safe.