𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Not even seven in the morning, and yelling could be heard in a certain apartment in the small town of Mystic Falls. The sun had only barely risen, an orange sheen from the sunrise resting on the horizon. The sound of birds was faint, but could from within the walls. The day was calm and tranquil.

Inside was a whole other story.

Rory sat alone at the table, contently eating a bowl of cereal watching while Katherine and Klaus bicker for the millionth time. About what? She didn't know.

"I can still kill you, you know!" Klaus said to the other vampire threateningly.

"Oh boo hoo, how scary." Katherine shot back, her arms crossed over her chest before looking around the living room. "Besides, is Elijah even coming with us?"

"Yes, yes. Calm down, Katerina. I know you love me." Elijah said with a smirk on his face, delicately wiping his hands along his suit. "Besides, I'm going to be the one driving you guys around. I wouldn't trust Niklaus behind the wheel."

Rory let out a laugh as she saw the look of offence on Klaus' face, but when all three of the vampires turned to look at her, her eyes went wide and she brought her arm up to her face, pretending to cough.

"Come, on guys, we have to go." Klaus urged them on.

"Oh, I'm sure your little dogs are going to be just fine." Katherine said, grabbing her bag. "But, I must say, it will be quite enjoyable leaving this hell-hole."

Soon enough, the four of them left the apartment building, each eager to get on the road. Klaus, ready to make some hybrids. Katherine, excited to be somewhere else except a stuffy apartment. Elijah, excited to get to his siblings' bodies. And Rory, well, she doesn't exactly have a reason, she was just excited to be with those who actually cared about her.

Her family.

A term she was used to hearing and speaking, but somehow she never truly felt it. Until now.

"I'm sitting in front." Klaus announced.

"Ladies first." Katherine said, pushing him out of the way and walking towards the car.

"No. Aurora is sitting up there with me." Elijah told them. He didn't want to have to deal with the two idiots. He would much rather listen to Rory talking about the weather for five hours. In fact, he wanted to listen to Rory talk.

"Are you sure?" Rory said, trying not to laugh at Katherine and Klaus. "I mean, I can just sit in the bac-"

"No." Elijah interrupted. "They're in the back."

Both Klaus and Katherine looked at each other and simultaneously rolled their eyes, but sat in the back nonetheless.

"I expect the both of you to not argue at all this whole drive, and it'll make it easier for the rest of us. Especially you, Niklaus. If you want these hybrids, you better cooperate."