𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

To say that the Mikaelsons were confused beyond mention would be less than an understatement. They had spent so long trying to bring their own family together, through the thick and the thin, followed by a significant line of death and destruction. And the very moment they come close to being happy, it just falls apart again.

Esther Mikaelson returned to her children, after years of them knowing she was dead. Believing she was. But now, all their beliefs crumbled as their mother walks into their house.

The Mikaelson siblings all seem to have tears swimming in their eyes, whether it be from sadness or shock. Frozen in their place, Kol subconsciously tightens his grip onto Rory's hand. And despite not knowing who this woman was, Rory could tell that she was a witch. She could feel her energy. The hard part was deciphering out whether it was good or bad.

Taking slow steps, Esther doesn't make eye contact with anyone in the room besides Klaus, and walks up until she stands right in front of him. But it seems as though the hybrid can't even bare to make eye contact.

At this point, even Katherine Pierce was left with wide eyes.

"Look at me," pronounced Esther, her voice strong and confident looking at Klaus who had a few tears slipping down his face. And the moment her son met her eyes, she spoke once more, "Do you know why I'm here?"

"You're here to kill me." Klaus responded taking a shaky breath, his lip trembling slightly.

Rory turned to Kol in confusion, but the vampire himself was staring at his mother, trying his hardest to keep his face emotionless, but it was a rather difficult task when the day in itself was emotional.

"Niklaus, you are my son, and I am here to forgive you."

Everyone in the room had visibly relaxed at the notion, no more than Klaus himself. Although his lip still remained quivering, and his eyes held an underlining trust. Albeit his own issues with trusting others in the past, this was his mother. She wouldn't be lying, right?

It was just strange in itself the world that they are living in. From witches to werewolves, yet somehow, none of them are failed to get surprised by even the smallest of things. Ergo their supposed dead mother turning up onto the doorstep, speaking about forgiveness.

But everyone still had their own suspicions. Everyone still had their own uncertainty.

Esther then turned around, looking through her other children. But soon halted when she saw two unfamiliar faces. But despite not knowing them, she knew one was a vampire, the other a witch.

"Who are these women?" She asked, looking back at her children. Her voice was neither harsh or kind. Simply an inquiry.

Everyone fell silent for a moment, even trying to conceal their heavy breathing, unsure of how to respond. But, everyone's eyes did go straight onto Katherine and Rory, both who stood still as if they were caught doing something they shouldn't have. Was this the right time for introductions? But in reality, there never really was a right time for anything.