𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Happiness. That is something Aurora Salvatore hasn't truly felt in years. Sure, she's had fleeting moments of joy and jubilation, but when she is alone, her own thoughts succumb her brain, and the feeling of loneliness and loss is brought upon her. She has tried so hard to get even the closest thing of validation from those who she thought were her family. All Rory wanted was to feel wanted. Needed

At night, the darkness would slither between the windows and walls, a distinct fog filled with hatred and neglect. Some may say she's too sensitive, or she's too dramatic, and Rory believed it. Maybe she wasn't enough for them. Maybe, she didn't deserve their friendship or care. 

Her dreams were filled with a longing for affection. Affection from others that would make her feel like a real person. But only few get what they truly want.

And maybe this time, it was Rory's turn.

In that very moment Bonnie Bennett told her to choose, she already knew the answer, even if it took her some processing. Would real friends even have to tell you to choose? Of course not. It just took her some time to realize.

To them, she was a chore. Someone that had to be looked after, and treated as a child. Someone who is only thought about when she was needed, in a way that was her being used like a tool. They didn't care about her. They only cared about the next time they could use her for their benefit.

Elijah and Klaus showed her what it feels like to be wanted. What it felt like to have another care about you. When she was with them, she felt like she was loved.

Like she had a real family.

Here she sat on the edge of the bed, continuing to jump in and out of consciousness, as Klaus sat in front, carefully wiping the blood off her face. The night had been long and tiring.

"You look funny when you focus," Rory quietly mumbled with a tired, toothy smile.

"And you look funny all the time," Klaus shot back, trying his best to imitate her voice. The witch pretended to frown, as her brows furrowed in mock hurt. "I'm only joking..... Partly."

"Ugh, rude!" Rory responded, hitting him up the side of the head with as much force as she could, which was barely anything, considering the state she was in. Klaus just let out a small laugh as he gently grabbed her wrist and set it back down. "Now, now, Aurora, there's no need for such violence. Let's get you to bed before you start hurting yourself."

"Ugh, okay, grandma." She stumbled up, feeling like she could pass out at any moment, and riht as she was about to walk away, Klaus grabber her and and pulled her back. He pulled her into a hug. An embrace so tight, you could practically feel the longing he felt to do so. He hadn't seen her in so long.