"You missed. Your lips were supposed to touch mine, you dingbat."

Hey guys! Thought I'd get one more update in before break ends! It's a few days later than I wanted, since it's a New Years themed oneshot, but I hope you still enjoy it. Happy New Year; I hope you all have a wonderful year!

I believe I found this prompt on Tumblr but I forgot to write it down and I can't remember exactly!

...

"You missed. Your lips were supposed to touch mine, you dingbat."

"Come on Betsey, it'll be fun!" Alexander implored, grabbing her hands and pulling her off of his bed. "Your sister really wants us there."

Eliza rolled her eyes thinking about her older sister, who had been planning the New Year's party for months, inviting as many people as they could think of from Peggy's freshman class, Eliza's sophomore class, Angelica's junior class, and of course the seniors. Angelica was obviously the party person of the family, though Peggy enjoyed them as well. Eliza, on the other hand, preferred to stay home and often found herself sneaking away and hiding out at her boyfriend's house.

"I think I'd rather stay here and cuddle," she laughed, sitting back down on the edge of his bed. "You know I get anxious around so many people."

"And I know your ticks when you get too anxious," he reasoned. "Can we try it for a little bit, and if you really want to go home, we can come back?"

Eliza thought about it for a second, and then agreed to come with. "Okay but you have to promise me we can come back here if I get too overwhelmed."

"I wouldn't dream of keeping you there," he promised.

She got up, looking through the stash of clothes she had left there over the last few months. She always had a pair of sweats and a t-shirt for impromptu movie nights, which she had on now already, and a blouse with a pair of dark jeans just in case.

"You don't have to change," Alexander grinned. "I think you look good."

Eliza glared at him half-jokingly, taking out the white long sleeve blouse and black jeans and laying them over her arm. "Alex, I'm in a pair of grey sweats and your old Beatles t-shirt. I need to change."

With that she left his bedroom to the nearest bathroom to change into her new clothes, and even though the outfit wasn't as dressy as Angelica and most of the guests would be wearing, she looked nice enough.

She returned with the new outfit on and her once messy bun let down around her shoulders.

"You're lucky I keep some mascara in my backpack. I wasn't planning on wearing any today but since I'm going to see people I might as well," Eliza said, picking up her backpack and finding the tube she needed.

"You look gorgeous already."

"Well the mascara boosts my self-confidence so it doesn't matter what you think," she smiled, running the brush through her lashes a few times.

A few minutes later they were off to the Schuyler's house. The party had begun about fifteen minutes ago, so they were arriving at a pretty good time. There was already plenty of people there, and Eliza could feel a knot starting in her stomach.

Alexander could sense her anxiousness and grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze, before walking in together.

"Eliza! You made it!" Angelica smiled when she saw the pair come through the front door.

"Your dress is near blinding me," Eliza laughed, looking at the sparkly dress Angelica was wearing. "Somebody," and with that she looked towards Alexander, "convinced me to show up for a few hours. I don't think I'll last the whole time though."

"Well I'm just glad you're here even for a little bit," Angelica affirmed, supporting her sister. She knew how hard it was for Eliza in larger social gatherings. "And you better watch yourself tonight, Hamilton. Hands to yourself."

Alexander rolled his eyes. Angelica had been overprotective since day one of his relationship with Eliza.

"Let's go dance," Eliza suggested to her boyfriend, pulling him away from Angelica. He followed along with her.

"I thought your sister told me to keep my hands to myself," he joked, getting his hands in the right places as an upbeat Latin song began to play.

Eliza's feet kept up with his as they began dancing. "And since when have you listened to Angelica?"

"Good point."

Around 10:30 Eliza was done with people, as the party only got bigger as it got closer to midnight. She skirted her way to her boyfriend after finishing up a conversation with Peggy, tapping him continuously on the arm.

"Can we go back to your parents' house and watch a movie?" Eliza asked in a sing-song voice.

"If that's what you want," Alexander responded, pecking her lips and saying goodbye to Laurens.

On the way out, he noted, "I give it three months before Laurens acts Peggy out."

Eliza laughed in disbelief. "Really? He's chicken. It'll be a while."

He cocked an eyebrow thinking she was absolutely wrong. "I'll bet you a massage it'll be within the next three months. Loser has to give the winner a thirty minute massage."

"You're on," she smirked, holding out her hand to shake on it.

To Alexander, it was a win whether he won or lost the bet. He either got to massage his girlfriend, hands all over her body, or he got her hands all over his.

...

Eliza was changed back into the sweats and t-shirt almost immediately when they returned, Alexander changing into a similar ensemble.

"What do you wanna watch?" he asked, turning on the TV in his parents' basement.

"High School Musical?" she responded timidly, knowing it wasn't his favorite movie. He always told her it was overhyped and cheesy, but it was one of her favorites. "It's perfect because it's New Years in the beginning of the movie."

"Only if you cuddle with me on my lap," he simpered, pulling her down gently by her waist. She cozied up next to him, grabbing the blanket that was always placed across the top of the couch.

"I think I can manage that."

A few seconds before midnight hit and a new year began, Eliza leaned up and gave Alexander a sweet kiss on the cheek.

He turned to her grinning. "You missed. Your lips were supposed to touch mine, you dingbat."

Her jaw dropped slightly as she breathed out a short laugh. "Then give me your lips, dingbat."

Their lips met in a sweet New Year's kiss, her tongue finding its way past his lips for a second before they pulled apart.

"Happy New Years, Alexander," Eliza said pecking his lips once more and curling herself back into her cozy position from before.

"Happy New Years, Betsey."