"Jealous? Me? No." Part 2

Lol I kinda hate this chapter but I hope you all enjoy it! Thank you so much for 16k reads and 610 votes! I truly cannot believe this little book has made it this far. I'm so grateful for each and every comment, vote, and reader.

...

"Jealous? Me? No." Part 2

"Does this sound okay?" Eliza asked once her DM was complete. She was a sensible girl and didn't want to regret one moment of raging jealousy. Still, a message was necessary, so she wanted to make sure her response was firm but not too harsh.

She handed her phone to Alexander who read the message, smirking at the way she could be so fiery when she wanted. He was quite proud, and only wondered if he was starting to rub off on her a year into their relationship.

Marielle, I first just want to compliment you on your excellent eyesight. I too find my boyfriend very attractive, though I don't make it a goal to flaunt him or my affection for him in front of the entire school. I know... impressive. I just ask that you please stay out of our relationship, as he clearly does not want you. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself if you try making another move on him. He's mine, and you just have to deal with that :)

Alexander finished reading the DM, trying not to laugh at her fire. It wasn't that it was new, she just barely brought it out on other people.

"What do you think?" she asked again, wondering if she should change up the wording or take out the first sentence.

"I think it sounds fine. My favorite part is the passive aggressive smiley face at the end."

She rolled her eyes jokingly and laughed. "Is it really me confronting someone without a passive aggressive smiley face?" she asked, referring to her tendency to be passive aggressive in uncomfortable situations.

"I like it. Go ahead and send it."

She took her phone back, reading it through once more before hitting send.

She then went to go find a cute picture of the two of them in her camera roll just to add one more layer to her passive aggressiveness. She found her favorite: a selfie of Alexander making a silly face as she kissed his cheek. It was taken a few months ago at the beginning of summer.

Eliza went ahead a posted it with the caption, "Mine," just to annoy Marielle even more.

"Aren't we cute?" Eliza smirked, showing her boyfriend the new post.

"Adorable," he teased.

Ten minutes later, a response came in as they were making out on his bed. Her tongue was snaking its way between his teeth and her hand was pulling his hair at the back of his head when she heard the notification go off.

"Leave it for later," Alexander whined, pulling her lips back to his.

She pulled away again to grab her phone, rubbing her swollen lips with her fingers.

"I just want to see."

She pulled up the app again to see the response.

Cut the crap, Eliza. He's too good for you. He'll be mine one day—just you wait.

Alexander looked over her shoulder as she read the response, curious to see if Marielle pushed further.

"It's not true," Alexander said once she looked back, her eyes looking a little hurt. He kissed her forehead gently. "You really do not have anything to be jealous about."

"Show me?" she asked, a little flirty, but mostly asking for comfort.

He smiled knowing exactly what she meant. He turned off her phone, putting it away to resume their previous activities.

Thankfully, Alexander was right. Eliza had nothing to worry about. Marielle ended up having to transfer schools after their junior year, and even though she continued trying to make her move, she remained unsuccessful. As jealous as Eliza was in the moment, it sure did make for a story in the future--and a lesson: a jealous Eliza should not be messed with.