"Where are you going? It's not safe out there" Part 2

A part two to the original oneshot because it was requested!

...

"Where are you going? It's not safe out there." Part 2

Eliza arrived at her sister's dorm at NYU not too long after her fight with Alexander. She had warned Peggy that she was coming and to have some ice cream ready. It was about to be a long night.

She made her way through the long hallway of dorm rooms searching for Peggy's room. She finally made it and knocked on her door. She didn't have to wait long because Peggy opened it immediately and wrapped Eliza in a hug.

"Am I going to have to beat him?" she asked as she pulled away, gritting her teeth together and inviting her sister in. "I swear, Eliza, I can go give him an ear full. Nobody hurts my sweet big sister."

"No, Peggy," she responded, slightly chuckling. "I just need a couple nights away from everything. He said some pretty hurtful things to me and I don't want to be around him right now. We're both really busy, and it's making us stressed. Maybe we need a few days apart to recuperate."

Eliza rambled on about the argument and all the hurtful things Alex had said while Peggy got the bowls out and started dishing out some chocolate chip cookie dough flavored ice cream—Eliza's favorite. "Liza, it's your anniversary. He doesn't have the right to say those things to you."

While Peggy was getting the ice cream ready, Eliza found some sweats and a t-shirt from Peggy's room and changed into those instead of her fancy dress she picked out specifically for their date night. She was much more comfortable in loungewear anyway. She then returned to the living area and settled on the futon.

She handed a bowl and spoon to Eliza and put on a Disney movie.

"Where's your roommate?" Eliza asked as the movie began, cuddling up with one of the throw blankets on the couch and eating her bowl of cookie dough goodness.

"Out with her friends. Something about a really great party, I'm not sure. The important thing is that we won't be bothered tonight!"

It wasn't long before Eliza fell asleep on the futon for the night, replaying the night in her dreams.

Eliza woke up the next morning with her neck sore from sleeping on the futon all night. She had just enough time to run to the apartment to change her clothes, pick up her backpack for class, and pack a couple of outfits to spend the night with Peggy a little while longer. She knew Alex would have already left for class, being the overachiever he was, and she wouldn't have to face him right now.

Before she knew it, she was off to her first class of the day, though her mind wandered off to Alex and their fight. It was hard to focus on the lesson when her mind was racing.

Alexander was also in a similar situation, though he was much better at ignoring these thoughts than his girlfriend was. The only thought on his mind was the government and law notes his professor was going through far too quickly.

The two spent nearly the next week apart from each other. Alex didn't bother sending Eliza any texts. He knew he messed up big time, and no words would even come close to how awful he felt. He knew Eliza wouldn't have any of it. It was one of the things he loved most about her besides her giant heart.

Eliza decided it was time to return back to their apartment five days after their fight. She wasn't going to let him just talk his way back into her arms. She walked back in with a plan on her mind that she was going to stick to. He needed to know how she felt.

When she opened the door, her Hamilton was on the couch studying while The Office was playing on the TV in the background.

She had to admit, she felt a little awkward. She set her backpack down at the entry way and shrugged her light sweater off and tossed her shoes off without saying a word.

"Hey," Alexander broke the silence, looking up from his notes.

She looked back at him and pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Hi," she whispered and bit her lower lip. She sat down on the couch next to him, pushing his notes out of the way and laying her head on his lap. She closed her eyes as he began running his fingers through her dark hair.

"I'm so sorry. Sorry for the things I said and I'm really sorry about forgetting our anniversary. I know it's not an excuse, but I was really busy and stressed. I know I'm not good at taking a break when I need to. My paper wasn't worth the fight, and it certainly was worth making you upset."

Eliza's eyes began to gloss over as emotions from the other night resurfaced. "You really hurt my feelings when you said you purposely forgot our anniversary so you could finish your paper, and when you told me to leave you alone because I was acting out. It wasn't even about going out on our actual anniversary—you know I would celebrate with you anytime. It was that you forgot and didn't seem to care. And the things you were saying really hurt."

His face fell as he stopped playing with her hair.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mad at you still," she admitted. "It's going to take more than an apology to make me feel better. But I do appreciate it and I do forgive you."

He smiled slightly at the girl laying on his lap. There was Eliza and her giant heart again. Forgiveness was such a strong quality she had even when someone didn't deserve it. And he knew he didn't deserve it at the moment.

"Do you..." she began again, a little nervous about finishing the sentence. What she was about to say could either go really wrong or really right. "Do you think we need to take a break?" When she saw his eyebrows raise and his mouth open slightly in shock, she quickly added, "Trust me, I don't want that, but what do you think? We barely have time for each other right now. We're both so busy."

"No, I don't want that either. I'll do better Eliza, I promise. I'll make more time for you. Is there anything I can do right now to make it up to you?"

She smirked and sat up from his lap. She propped her socked feet where her head was just moments ago as she grinned widely. "Foot rub."

He laughed and began working his fingers into her foot, causing her to let out a quiet moan as she slipped into a carefree relaxation.

It wouldn't be long before they were back to normal.