New Story Coming Soon! | Title, Cover, and Sneak Peak!

Hello friends! I know it's been a long time since I've posted on here; I've been busy with school and then this summer I've been working on a new project! Don't worry though, I have no intentions of abandoning this book and writing oneshots! I'm mostly focusing on the story I'm writing, and eventually I'll add some more :)

I made an announcement about 1 month ago on my page that I was writing a new hamliza story, and I've officially hit the halfway mark on it! So I thought it would be cool to kind of officially announce it in this book and give you guys a sneak peak into what I've been working on this summer :)

The book is a modern hamliza story again, and it's call "It's Only a Matter of Time". I do not have an official release date yet, but I will announce it here AND on my page when I do! Updates will be M/W/F or M/W/Sat, but I haven't decided yet so if you have a preference let me know!

Here is the book cover:

And here's the first chapter as a sneak peak and introduction into what you'll be reading! :) Hope you enjoy!

...

"Elaina, hurry up or you'll be late for preschool," Eliza huffed exasperatedly. The sound of the pattering rain on the window was heard inside the house, and undoubtedly the gloomy weather was causing Eliza to be a little short with her four-year-old this morning. She sped things up by helping her daughter step into her rain boots and slip her sweater over her arms.

The little girl was busy playing with her "mommy and daughter" Barbie dolls, undoubtedly pretending the dolls were her and her own mommy. No one would have to guess how much Eliza loved her little girl and how much that girl loved her back—they could tell just by watching how Elaina played with her dolls. Elaina was absentminded as she used the mommy doll to hug the daughter doll, softly mumbling dialogue.

"Elaina, please," Eliza said a little more firmly this time, taking the dolls from her girl and placing them at their day home on the table. The backpack was placed on Elaina's back and they were ready to go.

Elaina smiled as she jumped in first puddle she saw outside their apartment, splashing water all around her. "Mama it's very wet out!" She giggled and hopped from puddle to puddle without a care in the world on her mind.

"Be careful not to get your clothes wet, baby."

Eliza knew today would be a long day already.

She kissed her daughter goodbye and told her she loved her as she dropped her off at the door. She didn't have time to walk her in today; she had a job interview in twenty minutes and could not be late. Working part time at the orphanage just wasn't an option anymore. She was sincerely hoping that she didn't look like a disheveled mess.

Eliza thought that the interview went decently all right, believing that she had answered all their questions well. Unfortunately, she had not been given the job, and that was the last straw for her.