"Jealous? Me? No."

IMPORTANT announcement I'd like to make in honor of my birthday (7/8)! After this chapter, I will be only writing 3 more before taking a hiatus. I really enjoy writing this, but I'm working on a secret project that I'd like to devote my entire attention to. I was hoping I could successfully work on both, but that just isn't happening. I don't know how long the hiatus will be; it all depends on how long it takes me with the other project. I'm so excited to share it with you all when it's done or mostly done! I will most likely be back writing this book when the project is finished, but again, I don't know when that will be.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Prompt found on Tumblr.

...

"Jealous? Me? No."

"You can't be serious," Eliza said, rolling her eyes and taking the phone that Alexander had been offering to her. She looked at the text he was referring to before and gasped when she saw that he wasn't just kidding around with her.

It was no secret that the new girl at school was crushing hard on Alexander. Marielle was her name, and the second she joined Alexander and Eliza's junior class, everyone knew she was going to be trouble. It was like flirting with other girls' boyfriends was just her brand.

Alexander was the next target, and quite honestly her most sought after target. She was going to make Eliza's life living hell. When she said she wanted him, she wasn't going to stop.

"I told you, Eliza. She's crazy." He shook his head, thinking of how she approached him earlier that day at his locker.

"Hey, handsome," Marielle smirked, nudging his shoulder. "How about we go see a movie this weekend? We can sit in the back and make out the whole time." She pushed a piece of his loose hair out of the way affectionately, letting her hand linger on his cheek.

He pushed her hand away as quickly as it found its space on his face. "Marielle, I already told you I'm not interested. I have a girlfriend, and I love her." He took a step back, putting his next class's books in his bag.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Sure, she's pretty to some people, but you could have so much more."

Marielle leaned forward to kiss him, but he pulled back just in time before she reached his lips.

"I'm sorry, but I can't go out with you. And you best be careful what you say about Eliza. She's gorgeous, and a far better person than you are. She's amazing."

He saw the look of anger in Marielle's eyes as she faced her first rejection since coming to their school. Somehow he knew this wasn't the end. He just had to make sure Eliza knew how much he cared about her, and had no reason to be worried or insecure.

He slammed the locker door shut and walked passed the annoyed teenage girl, off to English class.

"I can't believe her!" Eliza shrieked, throwing his phone back to him and beginning to pace back and forth. "What makes her think she can strut her way around the school like she suddenly owns it?!"

Alexander deleted the text in disbelief that Marielle would not only continue coming on to him, but also drag Eliza down. Eliza was the sweetest person in the entire school, and almost everyone liked her. She was just a likable person. The only reason Marielle was so keen on hating her was because Eliza had Alexander. Anything in her way to him was going to be pushed out of the way.

She continued ranting as she paced around Alexander's room. "She's all over you; it's disgusting! You know that I love you, but I don't go around fawning all over you in front of the entire school." Her voice cracked a little bit, finally coming to terms with just how annoyed she was at the entire situation.

He chuckled at her worries. Eliza absolutely hated PDA, at least at school. Even then, she only stole a few pecks on the cheek or lips or held his hand when they were out in public.

"Just so you know, it isn't working. Anything she says or does isn't going to change how much I love you," he consoled. "There's no reason for you to be jealous," he added on, stepping up to pull her into his arms comfortingly.

"Jealous? Me? No. I'm not jealous," she denied, stepping back to shake her head and cross her arms over her chest. "Annoyed? Sick of her thinking she can flirt with my boyfriend? Yes."

Alexander could only laugh at how ridiculous she sounded. "Eliza, you're jealous."

She sighed, a little teary eyed. She always cried when she was mad.

"Okay, maybe I am. But she's hot, Alex, and I am just okay." She never really had too many body or self-confidence issues, but suddenly she became so insecure knowing that the girl threatening her relationship was far more attractive than she was, at least in her eyes.

"You're hotter," Alexander smiled, feeling a little flirty. She looked at him with disbelief, still feeling insecure. "Eliza, I can't tell you how to feel, but I'm going to do my best to help you realize that you don't have to worry. I'm not going to leave you, and especially not for Marielle."

Eliza pushed her tears off her face using the pads of her fingers. "You're sure?"

"Positive."

She pressed her lips to his lovingly in a healing kiss. "I love you."

"I love you more."

She then walked to grab her phone on the desk across from Alexander's bed, pulling up the Instagram app.

"What are you doing?" he laughed, wanting to pull her back into his arms and kiss her more.

"Oh, nothing. Just about to DM Marielle to give her a piece of my mind and then post a cute picture of us."

She smirked back at him, her energy charged with need for revenge, and he confirmed that he didn't want to change a thing.