"Oh my God, he's perfect"

So, it's been a while. Second semester really hit me hard, and I honestly can't promise consistency still now, but I'm glad to be back!

This one was requested by Elizabeth_Schuylur ! Thanks so much for reading!

As always, feel free to comment, vote, and send me requests if you have any! Enjoy!
...

"Oh my God, he's perfect."

High pitched screams filled the air as a new baby had entered the world. Eliza's head fell back onto her pillow, breathing heavily as her husband pushed her sweaty hair away from her face. Tears sprung from Eliza's eyes as the boy was placed onto her chest and immediately cradled into her.

"Hi, sweet boy," she cooed, holding his head and feeling his soft skin for the first time. He cried and screamed in her arms, trying out his little set of lungs. She breathed heavily in relief that her baby boy was finally here! She had been waiting nine months and he had finally arrived!

The doctor and nurses left the new family of three alone after getting all of the measurements they needed and cleaning off the baby boy. Finally, the baby hushed and melted into Eliza's arms, opening his eyes for the first time.

"Look! He's got your eyes," Eliza cooed. That was one thing of Alex that she was really hoping Philip would have. She softly traced Philip's beautiful dark hair and smiled up at her husband, who was looking at the baby in awe.

He couldn't say anything. He was mesmerized with the baby in front of him (which was honestly his carbon copy looks-wise), reality suddenly hitting him. This was his child. He better not mess it up.

Alexander apprehensively reached out to feel his baby's soft skin and fingers. Philip's fingers reflexed and grabbed onto his papa's finger immediately, already in love with him. Alexander's breath caught in his throat as the baby tightened his grip and yawned.

"Do you want to hold him?" Eliza asked softly, hoping that holding Philip would calm her husband's nerves.

He nodded slowly, his arms shaking as Eliza handed him Philip. Philip adjusted quickly to the new arms as he looked up at his father's face. Alexander bit his lower lip as he tried to stop tears from falling from his eyes, but it wasn't working. He thought he couldn't love anyone like he loved Eliza, but he was wrong. It took seconds for him to love Philip.

"Oh my God, he's perfect," he whispered in amazement. "You did so good, Eliza."

She sighed and smiled at her boys, a sense of pride waving through her. Alexander was easing into the role of fatherhood quite easily considering he was so nervous to begin with. He was a natural.

"Hi, Philip," Alexander said softly, sitting down in the hospital chair with the baby still lying in his arms. "I'm your papa. You're going to change the world one day, I just know it."

The tears started the flow again as he stared in amazement at the life he helped to create in utter disbelief that anyone could be this perfect. He held Philip a few minutes more before looking back at his wife, who had already fallen asleep.

Alexander readjusted Philip so that he was laying on his chest. "You know, Pip, you have the best mother on this planet. I'm going to do my best to be the best father I can. One day I'll have to tell you all about my family, but what I can tell you now is that I'm scared that I won't be a good papa to you. But I'm going to try."

Philip closed his eyes, ready to fall back asleep.

"I love you so much." Alexander smiled and kissed Philip's forehead, watching his wife and son sleep peacefully.