"You're the Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen"

Prompt found on Pinterest

It's super sappy, just a warning ;)

...

"You're the Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen"

Their wedding day had finally arrived. A date that Alexander and Eliza had been waiting for since high school—when they first fell in love.

Eliza carefully set the sweet letter she received from her husband-to-be down, gently dabbing at the tears around her eyes. Her hair was curled and half pulled back, flowers lining the strands of hair pulled back. Her makeup was nothing more than her usual—minimal but accentuating her already gorgeous features. She felt genuinely beautiful.

"Eliza, it's time for your first look with your dashing groom." The voice of her maid of honor, Peggy, drew her away from her thoughts. She was so excited to see him again after their night away.

The glowing bride made her way to the pretty field they would be married at in just a few short hours. She saw the empty seats that would be filled soon enough, and her Hamilton in front of the arch, his back facing her. Eliza giggled as she walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hi, baby," she whispered as he turned around.

Alexander's jaw dropped when he saw his girl all dressed up and ready to marry him. For the first time, Alexander Hamilton was actually speechless. He looked at the beautiful white dress with a deep v-neckline and long sleeved lace on top which flowed into a soft tulle floor length skirt. Her natural makeup was just how he always liked it, and he absolutely adored the little flowers at the back of her head.

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," he eventually said. "How did I get so lucky?" He lifted her chin and kissed her lips gently, taking in these last moments before they were married.

"I say the same thing all the time," Eliza said as they pulled away. "I don't know how I got so lucky either. You're looking very handsome, baby. Very dapper," she flirted a bit, causing him to shake his head as he smiled and laughed.

"Did you get my letter?"

"Yes, and it was very sweet. It made me cry a little; Peggy was cursing you for ruining my makeup," Eliza admitted, shyly laughing at the end.

Eliza and Alexander were hand in hand, looking at each other with such adoration you'd swear they were in the middle of a romance movie.

"I can't believe I'm marrying you," Alexander growled lowly as he looked her down again and made her spin around again for him.

Eliza let out a few of her bubbly laughs, joy overflowing from her. "Well you did ask me, didn't you?" she snickered, only teasing him. "Of course you're marrying me. We've only been talking about it since we were sixteen. I wouldn't rather marry anyone else, Alexander. I mean it."

He couldn't help himself. He had to kiss her again, this time more passionately. She responded eagerly, not caring a bit about the lipstick that would probably start rubbing off. His hands found their place at her waist as he pulled her closer. Her arms snaked around his neck, careful not to ruin the neat bun at the back of his head.

They stayed this way for minutes before the wedding party arrived for the pre-wedding photos. They were interrupted by an all too familiar voice yelling at them. "Alexander, get your tongue out of my sister's throat! You'll get plenty of time for that tonight," Angelica growled, causing the two to pull apart quickly and blush.

There was a snicker from behind her that could only belong to John Laurens. His girlfriend, Peggy, smacked his arm to chide him, but had trouble holding back her own giggles.