"Your bedhead is really cute."

Just one more chapter after this one until the hiatus! I'm going to keep them fluffy since you won't be getting more oneshots for a while.

This one was somewhat inspired by Lin and V's first date, and very very loosely based off of it! If you want to know where I got the info, you can just search Lin Manuel and Vanessa's Pre-Wedding BBQ on youtube and go to 41:30 to hear V's take on their first date! The actual sentence prompt was found on Tumblr. Enjoy!

...

"Your bedhead is really cute"

"You really do look pretty tonight," Alexander complimented, pink tint spreading across his cheeks. Tonight had to go right. It would determine whether Alexander would work up the guts to ask his best friend out on their first real date or to be his girlfriend.

She was sitting across from him in the ice cream shop fiddling with the spoon and the last bit of mint chocolate chip ice cream at the bottom of her bowl.

Eliza smiled, her eyes looking toward the ground. "Charmer," she joked, though he could tell how flattered she was by the way she nervously tucked her hair behind her ears and tried to cover her rapidly reddening face. Darn the way her cheeks would flush at any compliment whatsoever.

He scooped up the last of his coffee flavored ice cream before pushing the bowl to the side. He began fixing the tie on his new suit coat he got just for homecoming with her. It was light blue to match the short blue dress she was wearing.

"For the record, I think you clean up nice as well," she flirted back, finishing off her treat as well. "Want to head back to your house? I still need to beat you at Mario Kart."

Anyone could see Alexander's smile from a mile away.

"You're on."

He grabbed their disposable cups and spoons, throwing away their trash before heading out the door.

The walk thankfully wasn't too long, but Eliza still took the opportunity to hold Alexander's hand and slip her head in the crook of his neck. If she wasn't helpless for him before, she was now after the dance.

When they reached his parents' home, they immediately went down to their basement to play Mario Kart. When the game was set up, Alexander said, "Let me go get you some sweats and a t-shirt. As beautiful as you look, that dress does not look comfortable."

Eliza smiled, playing with the bottom of the dress. "Yeah it's pretty itchy."

That was all he needed to go get the new clothes. He quickly changed out of his suit and into his own sweats and t-shirt. He picked out his smallest pair of grey sweats in hope that it wouldn't be too big on her, as well as a white t-shirt with the Puerto Rican flag on it.

"I hope they aren't too big on you," he expressed as he tossed the clothes to her.

"Thanks," Eliza said gratefully, ready to get out of her dress. She brought his pajamas to the bathroom in their basement, changing as quickly as she could.

As she took down her hair, which was already falling out of its half up-do, she took a look at herself in the mirror. Make your move, Eliza, she told herself before stepping out of the door.

She tossed her old dress over the couch before sitting next to him. Alexander couldn't stop looking at her. She was drowning in his clothes, but that did not stop her from looking adorable. He didn't know what about her in his clothes was so attractive, but it was.

"Ready?" she asked, snatching one of the controllers from him.

He fell out of his daze, beginning the game. "Let's go."

They played multiple rounds, and then finally on the fifth round, Eliza won.

"Yes! Finally! In your face!" she laughed and stuck her tongue out. She began a cute little victory dance, singing about her win.

"Eliza Schuyler, I didn't know you could be so competitive," he replied, throwing the remote onto the couch. He laughed at her little dance. Just ask her out, you fool, he reminded himself as he watched how adorable she was.

"When you're stuck in the middle of two sisters, you've gotta be competitive," she reasoned.

He looked at her dreamily in disbelief that this girl was still hanging out with him. She was so comfortable around him. How did he get her to go to homecoming with him, then still want to be around him at the end of the night? Laurens was right—Alexander could be the most annoying person sometimes.

Eliza noticed the way he was looking at her and stopped dancing. His lopsided smile and sincere eyes made her melt. It gave away everything he was feeling. Now's your chance.

She finally listened to her heart. Her hands grabbed his face and pulled it close to hers. She didn't even look for his reaction before smashing her lips against his. It didn't even take a second for Alexander to begin moving his lips against his and his hand to make its home in her hair.

They pulled apart slightly, their noses barely touching as they tried to catch their breath after their moment of passion. He planted one last chaste kiss on her lips. "Wow," he breathed, untangling his fingers from her hair.

"Wow is right," she agreed as she began chewing on her bottom lip. My God, she was attracted to him right now.

She could do it, why can't you?! he told himself. "Do you maybe want to go on a date with me? Next weekend?" Finally.

Eliza grinned widely. She was waiting for him to ask. "I'd love to."

And with that they kissed one last time before settling on the couch to watch a movie.

Halfway through the movie, they had both fallen asleep.

Eliza woke up first the next morning, not realizing that she was still there. She was scared at first for his parents to catch them or her parents to realize that she never came home after the dance.

She forgot about those worries when she saw Alexander next to her, one arm around her waist and the other almost off the couch. The past night's events played in her mind again, causing her to smile and blush. She had kissed him and he had asked her on a date.

He woke up a few minutes later. He rubbed his eyes before focusing on Eliza.

"Good morning," he said sleepily.

"Good morning," she replied, sitting up and pushing away some sweaty pieces of hair out of Alexander's face. "Your bedhead is really cute." Flirting worked so well the night before. Why not try more now?

He rolled his eyes. "Doubtful. I look half dead when I wake up, but thanks for trying."

She kissed his forehead lightly then curled back up against him. She could be content like this forever.

"I should probably try to get you back to your house before our parents catch us," he yawned. As much as he didn't want this to end, he knew they could have more days like this so long as he got her home safe.

"Probably," she agreed. "I texted Angelica. She covered for me this morning before my mom and dad went out to get groceries. We've got maybe an hour."

She was returned home before her parents could catch them, and he was able to get her out of the basement before his parents could even see her.

"I'll get your pajamas back to you as soon as possible," Eliza promised before he left.

"Don't worry about them."

They kissed goodbye before she opened the front door. Angelica and Peggy were waiting right at the door with knowing looks on their faces.

"Tell us everything!" Peggy exclaimed the second the door closed. "Did he kiss you? What did you do all night? Are you dating now?" she rambled excitedly. She had been waiting for this ever since Eliza and Alexander became friends. She knew that there was no way they could resist each other forever.

Eliza sighed happily, her heart beating faster just thinking about the way his lips felt against hers or the way his hand fit perfectly in hers.

"I'm helpless."