Chapter five

I stormed off leaving Luke at the gates. I felt angry at the fact that he just thinks I'm going to forgive him for blanking me all this time but then again I feel guilty for snapping at him.

I reached my house and slammed the front door as I came in. No one was home as far as I could tell so I straight away ran up to my room and threw my bags on floor. So many questions swarmed my head at once and I couldn't control them.

Why is Jai acting like this? Why is Luke suddenly talking to me? Why am I getting all worked about this? Why do I feel angry but guilty at the same time?

Ping!

I picked up my phone from by my side and looked at the screen:

From Luke:
Hey ams I'm sorry for making you feel angry and I know that I haven't been there for you and I just want to say sorry for it xxx
To Luke:
It's ok xxx
From Luke:
Come over?? Xx
To Luke:
You know I can't
From Luke:
Pleeeeaaaassseee I really want to talk xxx
To Luke:
Fine xxx

I decided to go round as I had nothing better to do. I put my phone in my pocket and left a note to my mum saying where I was and left the house locking the door behind me.

The Brooks only lived three doors down from my house so it took me seconds to get there. I knocked on the door a few times and almost immediately Luke answered, "hey," he said to me gesturing for me to come inside. I walked in and as I did Jai came bouncing down the stairs...shirtless. "Fuck," I thought to myself.

Jai turned to me and Luke stood at the door, he smirked, "like what you see?" He said. I snorted and walked off following Luke upstairs.

We went into the room that he and Jai shared and sat down on his bed on the top. "So...," I said a bit awkwardly. Luke coughed, "look ams I am truly sorry and I know that that doesn't really do anything but you have to trust me," he said staring at me with pleading eyes. By the way he was looking at me and the way he said it I knew he was telling the truth, I smiled, "I know and I forgive you," I replied.

Luke smiled at me then lent over and hugged me like he used to when we were best friends. "So we're good?" He asked me hopefully. I nodded, "yep," I said back playfully punching his arm. He did it back and I got a quick flashback to when we used to be so close...

"Amy?" Luke said snapping me back into reality, "yeah sorry what?" I said shaking my head looking at him, he giggled, "I just asked if you were ok?" Luke asked me smiling, "oh yeah I'm fine," I answered giggling as well. "Why?" I asked him wondering why he would ask me that, he shook his head, "it's just everything that's happened between me, Beau and you and most importantly you and Jai...," Luke told me drifting off at the end.

"Look I'm sorry but I don't want to talk about this right now Luke," I said thoughts back to summer filling my head. "Yeah, sorry," he said back smiling sympathetically. Just then my phone went off with a text from my mum saying I need to get home for dinner. "I've got to get home now sorry but we should meet up more...it's nice," I said getting down from the bunk beds, "oh okay and yeah defiantly I've missed you," Luke said following me down.

We reached the front door and Luke hugged me tight, "I've missed you too," I replied letting go. "Bye," I said opening the front door, "bye," Luke replied as I walked out down the drive way. A wave of happiness and relief came over me as I realised I had at least one of my best friends back...

***
I finished eating my dinner and went up to my room scrolling through Instagram when I came across a photo put up by Jai. It was a picture of him and me hugging at the beach, Jai's comment read: miss this girl :( xx

What was he playing at? I mean we broke up and we argued and now he does this? This is confusing me more and more each time something happens and he does it more and more. It's killing me.