Chapter two

I walked into school and my best friend, Laura, ran up to me and hugged me extra tight. We hadn't seen each other during the whole summer due to her holiday in Florida so I desperately needed to talk to her,

"Hey! How was your holiday in Florida, I'm still so jealous?" I said.

"Aw ams, I wish you were there but other than that it was amazing!" She said back.

If you didn't know my name is Amy but for short people just call me ams. I'm 18 and from England. I moved to Australia about a year and a half ago and it feels like I belong here.

It seemed like she had been taking forever as she told me everything she did, and then the school bell rang and we started to walk to our first class. Unfortunately Laura wasn't in my first class which was english so we went  separate ways and I walked through the door to my classroom. I looked around trying to find my place to sit and as soon as I saw it I started to panic and feel dizzy...I was sat right next to jai. I had no idea how this was going to go but I just sat down and watched him come through the door. To my surprise his facial expression didn't change at all, even when he found out he was going to have to sit next to me for whole, entire year...great. He walked over, slumped his bag down and sat himself in the chair next to me. Throughout the duration of the lesson he said nothing to me, which was good because why would I want to talk to him? But there was this feeling inside that wanted him to talk to me...

Today went so fast I couldn't even keep up. I met Laura at the schools front gates and we started to walk to my house.

"So, how was your summer then?" She asked me. I haven't told her yet a bit what happened and even though I wanted to desperately say it this morning I was having doubts now.

"Um I suppose it was ok," I said hoping she wouldn't ask anything else. But of course, she noticed something was up straight away. Well we are best friends!

"Don't try and fool me with that shit, come on tell me what happened!" She protested.

"Ok, ok you got me, but I'll tell you when we get inside," I said looking around. Its not that I'm scared, well I am a bit, its just that I want to be careful from now on.

We got inside and immediately Laura pulled my arm and we ran up to my room.

"So, tell me!"

"Ok, fine I will but don't say anything to anyone after, ok?" I said looking at her with a stern face.

"Alright I won't but it can't be that bad..."

I then told her absolutely everything. I could see by the face she made throughout it all shocked.

"Omg ams I'm so, so sorry I wasn't there for you. Why didn't you call or text me?" She said. I could see that she was angry and herself and me for not saying anything but I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't speak around that time I was too scared that he would do it again because I've told people and that's why I really don't want you to say a word....to anyone," I know I sounded cross and a bit mad but I needed to trust her.

"Don't worry babes I promise from the bottom of my heart to never tell anyone," she said. I saw a tear fall down the side of her face. I wiped it away.

"No please don't cry it wasn't your fault," I said. I felt guilty now.

"Its just the thought of him doing that to you..." She cried.

"I know but I guess I just have to move on from it," I said. But I knew that I still loved him deep down despite all the shit he put me through...

A.N: sorry if the chapters are too short but I will keep updating x