Chapter twenty-seven

"That...was...amazing," Jai panted, out of breath but smiling. I nodded, "yeah," I breathed. We were laying side by side under the covers staring up at the ceiling. Jai turned his head to face me, I did the same, "I love you," Jai spoke, I smiled, "I love you too," I replied. But there was one thing that kept on going in my head, something I and to get rid of. But something tells me it's going to be hard...

***
"Mum I'm home!" I shouted into my house as I walked in. My mum came rushing towards me, "oh Amy, where've you been I've been really worried," my mum said pulling me into a hug. Shit I forgot to text her, "sorry mum I totally forgot to tell you where I was," I said taking off my shoes and leaving them at the door, "so where have you been?" She asked raising her eyebrows, I didn't know what to tell her. If I said that I and stayed the night at Gina's she would get suspicious about it, especially with everything that had gone on with me and Jai in the past. I swallowed hard, "just at Laura's mum," I lied. I hated lying to my mum, it wasn't really normal for me to do as I would usually just tell her everything. She smiled, "oh ok, did you have fun?" My mum asked, I nodded, "yep but you know I'm really tired so I'm just gonna go up to my room now," I said walking away up the stairs.

I pondered about what to do with Jake. I'm not good with telling people that I don't like them in that way, or to stop trying to get with me. Jai already knew about the kiss because he was there but he didn't know that Jake was texting me about going out. I felt sick now, I revived another text:
Amy please reply, I really like you ;) xx

That just made my whole situation worse...what do I do?

***
I hate Monday's.
I woke up to my alarm playing somebody to you by the Vamps. I kicked my way out of my bed and into the shower, washing my hair and body. I was out pretty fast to be honest and dressed, done my hair and my makeup on time. After I was satisfied with my look I skipped downstairs (yes skipped) to find my mum in the kitchen, "hey mum," I said giving her a quick hug, she returned the hug, "hey ams," she replied. I walked over to the cupboard with the cereal in it and found some cornflakes to eat.

I had eaten my breakfast and grabbed my bag, ready to go. Opening the front door Luke and Jai were stood there smiling, "AMY!" Luke screamed running and giving me a bone crushing hug, "hey Luke, I can't breathe," I said pulling away. He gave me a grin, "sorry," he said, I giggled. I went over to Jai and he pulled me into one of his hugs which were my favourite kind, "hey," he said in a low voice, "hey," I said back smiling as we started to walk to school. We chatted all the way there, me and Jai holding hands, it felt good to be back to where we were. But where were me and Jai standing now? I don't know.

I literally almost fell asleep halfway through my lesson before lunch. It was math so who could blame me?! The bell rang loud and clear and I found Laura so we could get a table in the cafeteria for lunch. We found our usual spot and sat down, Miya came to join us followed by Ben. Ben was a boy I had met the other week and he was Miya's boyfriend, they looked so good together it was too cute.

"So Amy how's Jake?" Laura asked me her head on her hands leaving in. I swallowed the huge lump that had formed in my throat, avoiding eye contact with anyone. I felt my cheeks hotting up, I didn't know how to respond to the question I mean I hadn't told her about what had happened at the party, but I'm surprised she hasn't heard about it anyway, but most importantly she doesn't know about me and Jai...

"Amy?" Laura pressed on looking confused. I faked a quick smile, "oh um it's fine I guess," I replied my eyes darting everywhere not knowing where to look. Laura's face dropped, "oh okay," she said turning to Miya and Ben and starting a new conversation. I felt left out a bit and still sick so I quietly got up with my stuff and walked out to reach the bathroom. I went down the corridor about to go into the toilets when I bumped into someone's making me drop some of my stuff I was carrying, "woah," I said bending to pick what I had dropped up, "oh sorry ams didn't see you there," a voice who I recognised to be Jai's.

I looked up, him smiling, "oh hey," I said tucking my hair behind my ear. "What's wrong?" Jai asked. How did he know something was up? "What? Nothing," I said waving the question off, he pulled a face as if to say yeah right, "tell me," Jai said stepping in closer. I felt the butterflies again as he brushed against me, "actually you know what I really need to talk to you," I said awkwardly, "ok," he said gesturing for me to carry on. I took a deep breath, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the building and behind the school where no one would eavesdrop, "so what is it?" Jai asked leaving against the wall.

"Um I just need to know what's going on between us?" I asked looking him dead in the eye. "What do you mean?" Jai asked intertwining his fingers with mine, slowly drawing circles on the back of my hand. "What I mean is, where do we stand right now?" I asked another question with a hopeful face. I needed to know, this was killing me not knowing the things I most desperately wanted to know. He sighed, "it's up to you babe, do you want to get back to together because I defiantly do...I love you," Jai told me. My breathing but hitched, "I love you too, but what if this doesn't work again?" I asked shuddering at the thought of last time. He looked down, "it will because I will make sure if it," Jai promised.

His head came in closer and our lips connected sending fireworks everywhere. He bit my lip gently asking for entrance, I let him in and our tongues danced in time. It was amazing. We smiled through the kiss, eyes locked onto each other.

I was so engrossed with Jai that I didn't even see Laura stood behind us.

"What's going on?" She asked as me and Jai pulled away to face her. "Laura, I can explain," I said walking towards her but she stepped away from me. "You lied," she said before she ran off back inside school. I sighed in frustration, Jai put his arm around me but I pushed it away and stormed off to find Laura. I needed to apologise for lying but in my defence I kinda had no choice in the situation. I looked everywhere that she could be but I couldn't find her.

Finally I decided to search the cafeteria for her. Walking in I caught sight of her...but she was sitting with Yasmin, talking about something. I stepped back in shock, how could she? She knows I don't like Yasmin, but I guess that's why she's done it. Bitch.