Chapter four

I thought about what jai whispered to me on the beach and wondered why he did that...I mean the things he said to me before were hurtful and full of hate so why the sudden change in mood towards me?

*beep...beep...beep*

"Ugh," I said aloud. I really hated Mondays. I stretched out my arm and slammed it down on my alarm to shut it up. It was 7am so I started to slowley get up, first my legs, then my body and finally I sat up, feeling sleepy as ever.

I eventually got out of my warm, comfy bed and started to head downstairs to get breakfast.

"Morning hun," my mum said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey mum, I said yawning in the process.

"Take it you didn't sleep well last night?" She said referring to my yawn.

"Not really," I said back grabbing my toast and eating it within seconds.

"Wow you were hungry!" My mum said looking suprised. I shrugged and sauntered off back upstaires to get dressed and do my make-up...etc.

I put on a black lacy at the bottom crop top and my shorts and put my hair up in a half up, half down style.

I finished getting ready and shouted a goodbye as I walked out the door to my car. I drove to school, found a parking space and walked towards the front gates. Oh no...Jai, Beau and Luke were all stood there staring at me.

Beau and Luke are Jai's brothers and Luke is Jai's twin. I used to be good friends with Luke but as soon as me and Jai started to fight he just fell silent like he didn't want to help me. I felt like I had lost one of my best friends but I also felt betrayed and lost because of it. As for Beau well he doesn't talk to me either. He and Luke know everything that has happened between me and Jai yet they don't even look at me.

"Hey ams come over here!" Jai shouted to me gesturing for me to walk over. I hesitated. Should I? I decided I would just see what they wanted, as simple as that.

"Don't call me that anymore," I said quite angryily.

"Woah, woah calm down and plus I will call you ams whether you like it or not," Jai said smirking and poking the end of my nose. His smirk was perfect...wait what am I doing? I mentally slapped myself.

"Whatever Jai," I said sighing. I was about to turn and walk away when...

"Hold up ams, I just wanna talk to you," I heard Jai call. I turned back around not taking a step closer.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I said.

"Us," he said almost in a whisper. I was a bit surprised at this seeing as there was no 'me and Jai' anymore.

"Look Jai let me say this very clearly, firstly there is no 'us', secondly I never want to get back with you and thirdly...fuck off," I said quite proud. I heard Luke and Beau snigger from behind.

"You don't mean that," Jai said and by the look on his face I could tell that he was hurt. I walked up to him putting my finger on his lips as if I was shutting him up and said "oh but I do," and with that I walked away. I was shocked that I did that. I had never done that before!

***
The day flew past which was unusual for a Monday. Jai had given me looks throughout the day and I couldn't help but think about him.

I missed the days when we would curl up and watch films all day until we fell asleep together. I miss how he used to hold my hand whenever and wherever but mostly I missed the way he kissed me and the way sparks went around my body like an electric shock. But I couldn't think that way about him not after he had slapped me and said things to me that made me feel like everything was my fault.

It was the end of the school day and I started to walk home. I didn't bring my car today because Laura had turned up at my door asking to walk as it was really hot again today. She had gone home ill during the day so I guess I'm on my own.

I was just walking out the school gates when someone shouted my name, I turned myself around and saw Luke running after me. "Hey," he said panting and putting his hand to steady himself on the fence next to him. "What?" I asked. I know that sounded a bit harsh but it wasn't my fault he hadn't been there for me when I needed him most.

"Why did you say it like that?" He asked me back raising his eyebrows. "Oh you know just the fact that you haven't been talking to me for God knows how long and haven't been there for me when I needed you most," I snapped before turning and walking away.