Chapter nineteen

After my chat with my mum she had to go in for emergency work, "I'm so sorry ams but I promise when I get back we will have a good movie night with pizza ok?" My mum said to me coming over and kissing my forehead, I nodded, "yeah don't worry mum and pizza is great thank you," I replied as she turned for the door, "bye ams," she said before shutting the door behind her and I was alone again...

Ping!

My phone buzzed in my hand, I looked at it:
From Laura:
Hey babe can u come out today? Xxx
To Laura:
Hey, yh sure where? Xxx
From Laura:
Park? Xxx
To Laura:
Ok meet there in an hour? Xxx
From Laura:
Okayy see u there xx

It was best for me to get fresh air and out of this empty house so I went upstairs and into the shower turning it on so it was hot and the bathroom steamed up. I hopped in and stood under the shower for a good 15mins.

I got out and dried and dressed myself wearing a cream flowy vest top and my light denim shorts with my white converse wearing my hair down and loose.

I brushed my teeth, grabbed my phone and texted Laura:
To Laura:
On way xxx
Then I jogged down the stairs and out into the heated air with the sun warming my body. I shut and locked my front door shoving the key in my pocket and started my very short journey to the park.

I got to the entrance and spotted Laura sat on one of the swings on her phone. I walked over there creeping up behind her to scare her, I got right behind her and quickly gripped my hands on her shoulders, "hey!" I shouted, laughing at her reaction.

She screamed and shot up from where she was sat glaring at me laughing at her, "omg ams why did you do that!?" She said to me half serious and half laughing along. "Because I wanted to see your reaction and it was hilarious!" I said back walking over to her, "aw I'm joking, sorry Lozza," I said hugging her.

Lozza was a nickname I had given her ages ago and I haven't used it for ages. She hugged me back and we say back down on each of the two swings, "so you ok?" Laura asked me scraping her feet on the floor. "I don't know," I replied quietly, "um can we not talk about it just because I don't want to even think about it anymore," I said looking up at my friend who smiled, "oh good, I didn't want to talk about it and see you upset again," Laura said giggling lightly, I smiled back, "thanks,".

We walked around the nearby pond for a bit talking about random things when I spotted Jai walking straight towards us with Luke and a boy I didn't know, "oh no I really don't want to see them," I said to Laura putting my hands on the side of my face. Laura looked to where I was referring too and gasped a little, "um lets just go back the way we came and keep walking," she suggested pulling my arm back the way we had just come from.

We started fast walking not looking back and hoping that neither of them had seen us. But of course they had...

"Hey! Amy!" I heard Luke shout from behind me. I didn't turn around, I looked at Laura beside me and she shrugged, "should we just keep walking?" She asked me. "Well we kinda have to now because they've seen us," I whispered back. She nodded and we turned as I plastered a fake smile across my face when they approached where we were stood.

"Hey," Luke said walking over to me and hugging me, "hi," I replied letting go feeling as awkward as fuck. Jai smiled at me but I dismissed it looking down at my shoes, scuffing them on the floor.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Laura asked the boys breaking the silence. They shrugged simultaneously, "just wanted to go out I guess," Jai responded not taking his eyes off me. The boy who I didn't know didn't say much he just stood there looking around, Laura spoke again, "who's your friend?" She asked, as if she had read my mind.

The unknown boy perked up and smiled at Laura, "oh hey I'm Josh, and you are?" He asked back, "Laura," she responded. He then gestured to me, "amy," I said to him flashing a quick smile. "So amy I actually need to speak to you," Jai said turning to me. How many times is he going to do this?! "Erm ok...Lozz you alright here for a second?" I asked Laura, "yeah fine," she replied not even looking at me but staring at Josh...wow.

I walked off leaving Laura with Josh and Luke letting Jai lead me further away from them towards the pond. He stopped and faced me, "how many times are we going to 'talk' Jai? What even is there to talk about?" I asked speech marking the word talk. He took a deep breath, "look amy I never stopped loving you, not for a moment and I really would like it if you forgave me," he told me. I stared up at him, "why do you want me to forgive you so bad?" I asked him.

He sighed, "because...because I'm still in love with you," Jai said looking at me with hope in his eyes. I didn't know if I should believe him or not, I mean when we weren't together he would sometimes treat me like I was nothing and then say he wants to forgive and forget. "No Jai your not," I told him placing my hand on his arm, he took his hand and placed it in my free hand making me drop my other one.

"I am," he said before pulling me into a kiss. The kiss was passionate and it was then that I realised that maybe I do still love the boy who broke my heart...