Chapter thirty-four

I was dressed in my plain black short sleeves dress with my black flats and my hair curled. I wasn't wearing any eye makeup, just foundation because I knew I would cry today. I looked in the mirror at myself, "why me?" I said quietly, tears threatening to fall already.

I walked downstairs with my phone and speech paper causing everyone to look up at me, (by everyone I mean Beau, Luke, Jai and Gina.) I felt my cheeks go red, "you look beautiful," Gina told me smiling, I smiled back, "thank you, you too,".

Jai wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in for a hug, "you look amazing," he whispered just so only I could hear it. We all left the house and got into Beaus car as he was driving us there. It went Beau and Gina in the front , then me, Jai and Luke in the back with me in the middle.

We arrived at the funeral after half an hour of silence and headed for the building in front of us. I took a deep breath making sure I had my speech in my hand and walked through the doors and into a big hall. I saw my auntie Kate there so went over for a hug.

I spoke to everyone I knew before we had to go outside for the burial. This was going to be the worst part for me as I knew I wouldn't be able to make it through my whole speech without crying. I kinda blanked out thinking of my mum throughout the rest of the speeches until it was my turn to say something.

I suddenly felt sick inside as I rose out of my seat and made my way towards the podium. As I got up Jai squeezed my hand for support. I hadn't even realised that I was holding it.

I placed my papers on the podium and looked up at everyone's sad faces before starting. As I was reading it I felt my eyes well up, my speaking was stuttering and now it was really hot out here. I felt myself sweating slightly as I saw everybody watch my every move. I looked anywhere but the audience hoping this will calm my down but it didn't work.

All of a sudden someone was speaking my speech and saying it perfectly, I looked over and saw Jai looking down at the paper with a face of concentration. He looked so perfect as he read, saying it much better than I ever could.

He finished and smiled at me intertwining our hands together. Everyone clapped and it was the end of the funeral. A wave of relief came over me as I didn't have to be here anymore.

"Thank you," I said to Jai hugging him again. He hugged back, "it's ok, you just needed a bit of support," he said back to me still holding me close.

We drove home in silence again and they dropped me off home. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Jai asked me a disappointed look on his face, I nodded, "I'll be fine Jai, I just need to be alone," I replied opening my front door. I turned back to Jai and he leaned in and pecked my lips leaving me in shock as he waved goodbye.

I shut the door and finally I was alone. I didn't want to be around anyone anymore, I just need some time to think and to adjust. I sighed and headed up to my room finding and pulling on some fabric shorts and one of Jai's jumpers that he said I could keep. It was way too big but that's what I liked.

I tied my hair back into a messy bun and laid on my bed, just scrolling through social media. I got to Instagram and saw a picture of me and Jai that he had put up with the caption: much love and support for my baby<3 been through a lot xx

I smiled at his post. God I love him.

But my smile soon faded when I saw comments made by people saying: why are you guys back together? She's a bitch! I hate her. Jai, you could do so much better babe...etc.

I know I shouldn't let these sorts of things get to me but for some reason they did. When I was first with Jai people said things like this all the time and I didn't let it bother me so it died down. Why am I getting so worked up this time?