Chapter twenty-four

Jai shouted my name calling me back but I didn't turn around. That was his chance and he blew it, right in front of me. I realised how stupid I had even been starting to believe that he actually loved me and that I was thinking about him again. I wanted to cry and scream with anger but I didn't want to waste anymore tears on him.

I got to school and walked right up to Laura, "I need to talk to you," I said pulling her away from a group of people she was stood with. She came with me and we stood away from everyone else so no one would hear, "what is it?" She asked, me letting go of her arm.

I huffed, "I think I still like Jai," I blurted out, covering my mouth hearing what I just said. Her eyes grew wide, "are you high? Drunk?" Laura asked a weirded out look on her face. I didn't even laugh at her comment but kept a straight face, "no Loz, I don't know what's happening I just can't stop thinking about him and when he kissed me it actually felt like he meant it," I spilled to her.

Laura stood listening but shaking her head, "oh amy, I know how you feel but you have to try and move on now," she told me holding her hands out for a hug. We stood there for a while, "but what if I can't move on?" I questioned a bit disappointed with what she had been saying.

She sighed pulling away, "I'll help you, I promise," she said smiling sympathetically. I pulled a fake smile, "I know! There's a party on Friday at Josh's and he invited me but I can take you along as well!" Laura said excitedly. "Laura think about last time, I don't really want to," I told her.

"Oh come on and this could be a chance to forget and find someone new," she said playfully punching my arm. I thought about it for a sec, "but I don't want to forget," I mumbled so quietly that Laura didn't hear me as we walked to class.

***
(Friday evening)
"This one?" Laura asked holding up a short red dress against her looking at me, "loz you know you've already asked me about that one just wear it, you look great in anything anyway," I told her still deciding on wether I should go. "Aw thanks babe," Laura said before rushing off into her bathroom to change.

She came out in a matter of minutes, "so what do you think?" She asked twirling, I giggled, "you look amazing," I said. She walked over to me, "so what are you going to wear?" Laura asked me picking up the two dresses laying in front of me. I sighed, "I don't know," I simply said looking at the ground. "Ams your not having doubts are you?" Laura asked hopefully so I shook her head making her smile, "good," she said handing me a short strappy black dress with slits in the sides, "wear it," Laura said pushing me into the bathroom.

I changed into my dress and did my makeup with flicks for my eyes giving them effect. I brushed my hair through having just straightened it earlier and then walked out. Laura was sat on her bed smiling helplessly at her phone, I plopped down next to her peering to see who she was texting. It was Josh, "so you and Josh ey," I said smirking and nudging her jokingly.

She blushed, "I dunno I like him but I guess we'll see what happens," she told me putting her phone away. "Come on then get your shoes," she said pointing to my black heels next to her white ones. We slipped them on, grabbing our phones and heading out.

Laura's friends house was only 10minutes away so the drive was short. I felt nervous considering last time, I didn't want to take Laura's advice and just 'forget', she has no idea how hard it is.

I think I'm falling for Jai all over again.

***
We had been at the party for about half an hour and so far I had met Laura's friend, Poppy who's party it was and also David, Lewis and Ryan who were Poppy's friends. They all seemed really nice and I got along with them through the night.

Most people were already drunk but I didn't plan doing that. Laura did however, "ams just live a little and drink!" She shouted to me over the music clearly wasted. I pushed her off me her body smelling of alcohol, "I'm good," I shouted back laughing as she nearly fell.

Josh caught her from behind smiling as he did. They looked so cute together!

Laura then ditched me for Josh I went over and stood with Ryan and he introduced me to his friends, "this is Jake, Dan and Alfie," Ryan said to me pointing to each one in turn. I smiled at them saying hello, "so Amy I heard you were from England?" Jake started flashing a cheeky smile.

He had a perfect smile and to be honest he was actually quite attractive in my opinion. Stop it Amy, you can't do this.

"Amy?" Jake said again snapping me back into reality, I was taken aback a little, "oh yeah sorry, I am," I told him answering his question. He laughed, "cool," he responded. I smiled, "so you've lived here all your life?" I asked him, "no I'm from America originally," he told me. We were now making our way out into the back garden where we could talk easily.

There were a few people already out here but I didn't recognise many. Jake and I talked and talked getting to know each other. He was so nice and made me feel like I had known him for ages. We had already talked about most things so there was a slightly awkward silence between us.

I looked up into his eyes, instantly locked on. I couldn't help myself but I started to compare them to Jai and how they were so different...stop it amy you can't think like this.

He stepped closer to me leaving barely any space, still looking down at me. I smiled and he leant in. I didn't know what to do and had a mini panic but then his lips were on mine and I stood there stunned before kissing back.

The kiss was perfect and we moved in sync. But it wasn't Jai...

Jai Jai Jai Jai Jai in my mind all the time.

Suddenly Jake was pulled off of me and a voice was shouting. I saw Jai holding Jake by the collar up against the nearby wall still shouting. I ran over to them trying my hardest to separate them, "Jai stop it your hurting him!" I screamed still trying to spilt them.

"You stay away from my girl okay?" Jai yelled in Jakes face. What? "Jai we're not together!" I shouted and Jai looked over at me. He had sadness in his eyes and it killed me inside. He let go of Jake his eyes still on me, he nodded slowly and then made a run for it back inside.