Chapter thirty-one

Summer! I'm so fucking happy!
We finished school and I walked out of the school gates with a huge smile on my face, maybe this summer was going to be much better than last time...

***
"Come back!" Jai shouted. I laughed running as fast as I could towards my house. Jai was chasing me and I could hear his footsteps behind me getting closer, I reached into my bag and searched for my keys pulling them out ready for when I got to my front door.

I slammed my key into my door and ran inside my house shutting my door behind me. Man I was out of shape!

"Babe let me in!" Jai yelled banging on the door behind me, I laughed, "never!" I yelled back putting my bag down. School had just finished for summer and I had raced Jai all the way to my house for him to stay over tonight. He was still banging on the door so I decided to put all my stuff away and turn on the TV immediately switching on friends.

Jai had stopped banging on my door but I hardly noticed, I was too engrossed in my programme. I laughed at the TV when suddenly a hand came over and covered my mouth making me scream into it. I then heard laughing, "Jai you prick, why would you do that!" I shouted in-between my gasps for air after he let go of me.

I turned around finding him laying on the floor in fits of laughter, "wait how did you get in?" I asked trying to think of anyway he could of done, Jai stopped laughing sitting up on the floor, "I know where you keep your back door key outside," he answered. I sighed in relief remembering I had showed him before.

He sat up more resting on the back of the sofa, "I'm sorry for scaring you," he whispered his face inches away. I just wanted to kiss him so bad, "I'm sorry for running away," I replied also in a whisper, he smiled leaning in until our lips connected and the fireworks restarted.

Our lips fit perfectly together and we moved in sync. Jai's tongue ran along my lip asking for entrance which of course I granted as our tongues battled for dominance. We pulled away at the same time both slightly out of breath, "when's your mum home?" Jai asked smirking, I smirked back, "next week," I said back remembering that my mum had been called onto a work course.

Jai stood up and grabbed my hand pulling me up to my bedroom, "come on," he said as we went in. As soon as we shut the door he pushed me up against my wall kissing me passionately, I tangled my fingers in his hair careful not to pull to hard as a small moan escaped Jai's lips, I smiled through the kiss, "I need you," I said Jai leaving sloppy kisses down my neck, "I know," he said back pulling me over to the bed...(you know what happens next😉)

***
I woke up the next morning to soft snores coming from next to me as I rolled over and came face to face with Jai. He was still sound asleep so I slowly and quietly removed the covers from me and slipped on some shorts and Jai's hoodie before making my way to the bathroom. I splashed some water over my face then going downstairs to make breakfast.

I got into the kitchen about to make pancakes when the home phone started ringing, I went over and answered it:
Me: hello?
Person: hey ams it's me auntie Kate
Me: oh hey Kate how are you?
Kate: um yeah it's good but amy I need you to get down to the hospital as soon as possible
Me: what? Why?
Kate: quickly

And then the line went dead. "Kate?" I said into the phone a worried expression on my face. I had no idea what was going on, but I needed to get to the hospital right now. I put the phone down and ran upstairs to my room scrabbling for anything suitable to wear. I found my leggings and shoved them on leaving Jai's hoodie on my top with my blue singlet underneath.

"Babe?" I heard Jai say. I quickly turned around to find him awake and looking at me, "what are you doing?" He asked. "I need to go to the hospital," I answered simply running into the bathroom and putting my hair up into a messy bun doing without makeup. Jai walked in rubbing his eyes out of tiredness, "why?" He asked leaning on the side.

I stared at him, "I don't know," I answered my voice quiet. I walked past him and headed for my car out the front, "I'm coming with you," Jai said catching up with me as I got into my car, "my hoodie?" He asked pointing to the hoodie I was wearing, I nodded and smiled, "sorry," I said starting to drive, he smiled back, "it's ok you look better in it than I do anyway," Jai told me.i blushed again before speeding up the car to find out what's going on at the hospital...

***
"Amy!" A woman's voice shouted at me. I looked around to see who had shouted and saw my aunt Kate jogging towards me with tears in her eyes, "Kate? What's going on?" I asked now seriously worried. She didn't reply as she grabbed my hand and lead me into the hospital with Jai by my side. We went down numerous corridors until we reached a ward which I didn't recognise.

"Amy listen, this is going to be a massive shock to you and you'll see why I didn't tell you on the phone but dragged you here,"Kate told me silent tears running down her face. She didn't say anything more but opened a room door for me and left me to walk inside..