Chapter twenty

It felt like the world had paused at that very moment (and yes I know what sounds terribly cliche...) and I felt at home with it, like everything was ok.

We pulled away at the same time both with a smile across our faces, I giggled, "what's so funny?" Jai asked me, I stopped, "sorry it's just everything is really confusing," I replied running my had through my slightly knotted hair.

Jai came closer leaving no space between us, "but it doesn't have to be," he whispered, his hot breath standing the hairs on the back of my neck up. Just then someone coughed from behind us and I immediately jumped back away from Jai standing awkwardly seeing who it was, "um was i interrupting something?" Luke asked smirking.

"Er n-no," I stuttered looking at Jai for help, he didn't respond but instead stared at his feet. Laura and Josh now joined where we were stood silently, nobody knowing what to do. "So erm ams are you coming?" Laura asked me pointing towards the exit of park. I nodded, shuffling away from the boys and following Laura.

"Are you ok, you look really pale?" Laura asked bumping me. "Oh yeah I'm fine, what about you?" I asked back quickly. She looked confused, "erm I'm fine thanks," she said scraping the grass with her feet.

The rest of the journey to my house was silent but I didn't mind because all that was on my mind was Jai...again. This whole thing was stupid. I mean we broke up for a reason and I cried every night wondering if I would ever love someone as much as I loved Jai. He was my world and I didn't know how I could cope without him.

Our hugs. Our kisses. Our love, was perfect.

***
Sunday morning. Laura had slept round the night before so when I woke up I tried my best not to wake her so I could get downstairs. My mum was having her lie in so it was just me down there. I walked into the kitchen getting ingredients for pancakes as I knew it was Laura's favourite.

I made them quicker than I expected and soon enough Laura was sat down eating hers with me.

I decided to tell her what's been going on with me and Jai, she needs to know, "hey um loz," I said pushing my pancake around my plate, "yeah," she replied stopping what she was doing.

I took a deep breath, "me and Jai kissed," I blurted. Her face was full of surprise, "what?! When?" She asked leaving over the table to me. "Erm yesterday and before that," I said back mumbling. She stared at me for a moment, "why didn't you tell me?" She asked calming down.

"I was confused, I'm really sorry," I said back now looking up at her. "No don't be sorry, I know it's confusing but why did you do it?" Laura asked hugging me. I hugged her back, "I don't know," I whispered.