Chapter thirty-six

I knocked on the front door and waited patiently for someone to answer. The door opened and Beau stood there wearing black skinny jeans with a blue singlet smiling at me, "hey ams," he said bringing me in for a hug, I hugged back, "hey Beau," I replied.

I followed Beau into the house and through to the garden where I was met with lots of people talking and listening to the music playing. I spotted Gina by the bbq so I went over to say hello and then sat with Beau for a bit.

I met a few new people that I have never seen in the time I've lived here and made friends with a girl called Beth. She is extremely nice and funny so I hung out with her for the evening, "so you haven't lived here long?" Beth asked me. We were talking about my life back in England and when I moved to Australia, "no not really, have you lived here all your life?" I asked, "yeah but I lived in Perth beforehand," she said smiling. I nodded.

We talked for hours not moving from where we had sat originally just discussing anything and everything, it was really nice. After a while I noticed that Jai had come outside and was staring at me, "hey can you excuse me for a sec?" I asked Beth, "sure," she replied then talking to someone else.

I got up and walked over to Jai who was stood alone, "your staring at me," I said quietly not wanting him to shout again. He shook out of little trance and looked anywhere but my face, "no I wasn't," he hissed back still not looking at me. I sighed and turned to walk away. I'm not going to bother with him if he can't even look at me.

***
The evening passed and so far I have had a really good time with Beth. I would say that she was coming close to being my 'new best friend', but I didn't know if I wanted to replace Laura just like that. I mean we were so close and now we're nothing...depressing stuff.

"Hey let's go see what the others are doing," Beth suggested standing up from her seat. I nodded and followed her into the house to where everyone else was. By everyone I mean all the teenagers not the adults, they were busy with drinks outside.

We walked into the living room where people were sat in a big circle chatting. Beth sat down joining in so I did the same not wanting to be left out, I didn't know what they were doing but then someone announced that we should play spin the bottle and no one objected so we started to play.

I had never played this game before but I knew what it was and to be honest I didn't really know anyone here so I don't know how this is going to go. Jai was in the circle as well but I wanted to avoid him at all costs but I knew that if it landed on him I wouldn't be able to back out...

"Amy its your go," Beth snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to the middle where the bottle was and spun it. It felt like it kept spinning and spinning for ages until finally it landed on...

Luke.