Chapter three

It had been a week. Jai still wasn't talking and we were either sat next to each other or near each other in every lesson. I still remember every word he said to me on the night it started and it just made me feel worse about myself even though it was him who said it all...

Friday came round pretty quick in the second week of coming back after the holidays. I couldn't wait for this weekend! Me and Laura had planned for her to spend the night at mine tonight and then hers Saturday night, it was going to be great! As the bell rang for the end of school I quickly gathered all my school things and rushed out the door very excited for that night, but as I ran out the door I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back into the classroom. I turned round to see who had my wrist and saw Jai standing there.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked confused and a bit scared seeing as we were the only ones left in the room.

"I need to talk to you," he said staring at the ground. I didn't have time for this...

"Look Jai you made it very clear with what you said to me during summer so I don't want to talk to you right now," I said trying to pull away.

"I know but I didn't mean anything I said, I promise," he said. I was so confused.

"Um sure you are," I said sarcastically.

"No Amy I mean it,"

"Jai I said I don't want to talk to you," I said sternly. He looked me in the eyes and suddenly I felt a tingle in my stomach. I had never felt it before and I had no idea why I was feeling it.

"Fine," he said letting me go. I turned my back and walked out. I was shocked. Why was Jai saying all that? What did he mean? So many thoughts rushed through my head.

"Hey, took your time didnt you!?" Laura said. I jumped and remembered where I was.

"Oh yeah sorry about that just got caught up I suppose," I said trailing off a bit.

"Oh ok, come on let's get to yours!" She said sounding excited.

"Yeah lets go," I said back. We started walking but I couldn't stop thinking about what Jai had said and what he meant by it...

I know I shouldn't forgive him but something was telling me that maybe I should talk to him.

"Earth to Amy!?" I looked up and saw Laura staring at me looking annoyed.

"Sorry," I said.

"Did you even hear any of what I just said?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Oh, are you ok? What's wrong?" She asked. I had to tell her.

"Oh is that all he said?" She said after I told her.

"Well yeah," I said.

"I'm sorry ams but I have no idea what he means,"

I didn't either.

*ping!*

I picked up my phone looking at the text that has just come through.

It read...
From jai: hey ams, look I know that I was wrong but I didn't mean it, you mean everything to me and I can't afford to lose you... Give me a second chance? :) xxxxxx

"Who's it from?" Laura asked.

I answered simply, "Jai".

She took my phone from my hand and started reading it.

"Omg, ams what are you going to do?" She asked. I hadnt even thought about that...

"I don't know" I said. All that night all I could think about was Jai and nothing else. I even dreampt about him which was pretty wierd if you ask me.

"So ams what do you want to do today?" Laura asked me.

"Um I don't mind," I said.

"Beach?"

"Beach," I said. Me and Laura both loved the beach as its where we both met when we were six years old. We got ready and grabbed our stuff and Laura drove us both to the beach. It took about half an hour and by the end of the journey we were both desperate to get sunbathing as it was such a hot day!

"Hey ams are you coming in the water?" Laura asked as we set our stuff down.

"Um no I'm good maybe later?" I said just wanting to relax and think.

"Ok see you in a bit," and she ran into the water. I put my earphones in and started listening to music closing my eyes.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. Opening my eyes I soon saw Jai stood above me. I sat up straight away.

"Hey," he said staring at me.

"Um, hey?" I said confused.

"So you here alone?" He asked.

"No," I said pointing to Laura as she made her way towards us.

"Oh ok," he said looking a little disappointed.

"So...did you want anything or what?" I asked annoyed.

"You" he whispered in my ear. I felt my face heat up turning red. Laura came and sat next to me and Jai left.

"What was all that about?" She asked looking a bit scared. I laughed.

"Nothing," I said trying not to give anything away...