Chapter fifteen

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I need to talk to you," Jai replied. "About what?" I asked again. He shrugged, "look can we just talk?" He asked taking a step towards me.

I nodded and let him inside the house. I shut the front door and turned to face him, crossing my arms in front of me and raising my eyebrows for him to talk. He coughed, "listen ams-," he started but I cut him off, "don't call me that anymore," I said quite harshly.

"Fine listen amy I need to apologise for what happened at the party...," he trailed off. Is he serious? Does he really think that he can do what he did at the part and then just turn around and 'apologise'?!

"Apologise?!" I said back almost shouting, "are you kidding me Jai? Please tell me that your kidding because an apology isn't gonna solve things," I said looking him dead in the eye, although I looked away after a few seconds before I got lost in them like I used to when we were together...

"Well what else do you want me to do?" He asked getting frustrated now. "Leave me alone," I stated. I guess I didn't actually mean what I said about him leaving me alone, and now I kinda regret saying it but I have to make him realise that he's hurt me.

His face dropped. "But I can't," he said coming just a little closer, "why?" I asked not moving from where I was stood. He didn't answer for a minute and it was silent until he came closer and closer and pushed his soft lips onto mine.

I didn't know what to do apart form kiss him back. The kiss was what I was missing, craving and something that I could never forget from the moment he first kissed me. Sparks flew and it was like lightning bolts running through my body.

He pulled away, smirking, "that's why," he said before leaving me stood there on my own.

What just happened?

I kissed my ex and I actually liked it...

***
After a couple of days of school and shit nothing happens between me and Jai. I mean we would sometimes exchange glances and smiles but nothing else.

My mum texted me saying that she would be back for when I get home from school today and I was really happy to see her again. It felt like forever in the time she had gone.

The bell rang in my ears and it was time to go home. I gathered up my things and walked out the classroom making my way to the school gates.

I got to the gates and was about to walk off when someone pulled me back, "wait for me," a familiar voice said. It was Luke, "oh sorry I forgot, my mums at home again so I was rushing," I said as we started walking together.

"That's ok," Luke replied smiling. "Why are you smiling like that?" I asked him giggling a little, his smile grew, "let's just say I know about the kiss," he said.

"Wait, he told you?" I asked surprised. He nodded, "yeah but I had to get him spill it," he said, "oh okay," I simply replied not knowing what to say back.

We reached my house and I hugged Luke goodbye and practically ran up to the front door. I opened it and my mum was stood there smiling.

I half walked, half jogged to her before giving her the biggest hug. "Hey ams," she said hugging me back, "hey mum how was the work thing?" I asked letting go, "good actually I may even get a promotion!" My mum said excitedly.

"Well done," I said. "So were you ok alone?" She asked, "yes mum I was fine," I said a little sarcastically, she smiled, "good now put your stuff away and come back down, we're going to Gina's tonight," my mum told me before walking off into the kitchen.

I don't know if I mentioned but my mum and Gina are really good friends and have been for ages so it's not really a surprise when she said that. But this time was different...it was going to be so awkward.

***
We arrived at the brooks house at about 5ish and my mum knocked on the door, Luke answers and told us to come in. I followed my mum inside and Luke hugged me, "hey," he said, "hey," I replied as we spilt.

Gina walked in from the kitchen, "hey sorry I didn't hear you come in," she said to both me and my mum hugging us both.

Luke reached for my hand, "come upstairs," he said pulling me towards the stairs. We walked up and he lead me to his and Jais room where I could hear Beau shouting and Jai laughing.

To be honest I was actually a little nervous but I shook it off and went in with Luke. We shut the door and Beau and Jai turned to face us at the same time, "oh hey ams," Beau said smiling, "hey," I said back.

Jai said nothing but stared at my hand holding Luke's, I looked away from him.

"So you wanna play?" Beau asked patting the seat next to him on the bed, "but you know that I'm terrible at this game," I sad referring to Fifa, he laughed, "I'll go easy on you," he said back as I sat next to him, "sure that's what you say every time," I replied laughing as well.

We had been playing Fifa and talking, well except Jai who still hadn't said anything, for about an hour when Gina called us down for dinner.

We all went downstairs, greeted by the smell of pasta.

After eating we decided on watching a film as my mum was staying longer tonight. "Which film?" Luke asked me. I shrugged, "I don't mind," I said sitting on the sofa in the middle of Beau and Luke when Luke came to sit down, "Paranormal activity it is then," Luke said turning the TV on.

"Oh no," I said grabbing a blanket and covering myself, "you know I hate this film," I whined to Luke as he laughed at my reaction.

The film started and my phone went off with a text:
From Jai:
Meet me in my room.