Chapter eleven

*1 week later*
It was Saturday and today me and Luke were going to the cinema. It's been a while since we've spoken and I really want things to go back to when he was my best friend...

I texted Luke:
To Luke:
Heyy r u ready? Xx
From Luke:
Yeah be over in 5 :)
I grabbed my bag with my purse and phone and stuff and headed for the front door, "bye mum!" I shouted to wherever she was and left. As I stepped outside the sun immediately hit me and the air was warm. I then saw Luke walking towards me, "hey," he said coming to hug me, I hugged back, "hey, you ready to go?" I asked, he nodded, "yep,".

We both got into my car and I started driving. The whole car journey was full of us literally screaming the lyrics to every song we knew that came on the radio, it was so funny!

We arrived and walked in collecting our pre-booked tickets at the front desk. I took my seat in the cinema and Luke took his next to me as the film was just about to start. The film was grown ups 2 so we were laughing most of the time. It was so nice to have him back.

When the film ended we walked out and I stood outside the men's toilet waiting for Luke as he needed to pee. I was only waiting for about 5seconds before I saw Jai walking into the cinema with James and Beau. They caught sight of me but as soon as mine and Jai's eyes met he looked away trying not to catch my gaze.

"Hey," I heard Luke say from behind me making me jump, "oh hey didn't see you there," I replied walking beside Luke as we were walking out. As we passed Jai, James and Beau Jai smiled at me. He smiled? Wtf?

***
"Not pepperoni!" I shouted to Luke. We were ordering pizza as we were home alone. Luke came back into the living room, "I ordered," he said sitting down next to me on the sofa, "good I'm starving," I said my stomach rumbling loudly, "yeah I can tell," Luke said laughing. I slapped his arm lightly, "shut up," .

The pizza came and we were sat on my living room floor eating it. We finished and say back on the sofa silence filling the room, "wanna play truth or dare?" Luke asked me. He knew that it was our favourite game to play when we were younger so of course I said yes. "Ok ams truth or dare?" Luke asked. I thought for a second, "truth,"

"Ok do you still like Jai?" He asked. I was taken aback a bit by his question. I didn't even know how to answer it, I mean at one point I still liked him but at other points I hated him for the things he did. What do I say?

"Sorry stupid question," Luke said snapping me out of my thoughts, I shook my head, "no it wasn't stupid," I say pushing my hair out of my face, "ok so do you still like him?" Luke asked again, I looked up at him, "I have no idea..."

***
Sunday. My lazy day. Finally.

I rolled myself over to see the time on my phone: 10:04am it read. I'm not usually a late sleeper but on Sunday's I sleep like a log.

I managed to eventually drag my body out of my bed and into a hot shower. I stood there just letting the hot water run down my face, back, everywhere until the room was completely full of steam. I hopped out, opened the window to let the steam out and walked into my room.

I decided to wear my blue singlet with my denim shorts and white converse. I then braided my hair into a simple fishtail to the side and didn't bother with makeup yet.

I made my way downstairs catching the scent of pancakes. I skipped into the kitchen, "hey mum," I said giving her a quick hug, "morning, you ok?" She asked me, I nodded. I tell my mum everything so that she knows what's going on.

I picked up three pancakes from the massive stack my mum placed on the table and ate them with plenty of syrup.

It was 12pm and I was sat watching TV like I have been since I ate my breakfast. My mum had left for 'emergency work' as she called it so I was home alone. There was a knock on the door so I muted the TV and went to answer it. To my surprise James was stood there, "hey amy you free today?" He asked, I nodded, "yeah sure but why didn't you just text me?" I asked him giggling a little at the end. "Because I knew if I came to your house then you would have no excuse," James told me walking inside.

I knew what he meant, he was referring to me at the park the other night and how I was really upset. "Fair point," I replied both is us walking over to the sofa. We sat down, "so what did you want to do today?" I asked him, he shrugged, "I dunno," he said. Trust James!

"How about we go and try that new dessert place?" I suggested, I've always wanted to visit one of those. He nodded, "yeah sure why not," James said standing up, "come on then," he said. I stuck my hand up wanting him to help me off the sofa, "thanks," I said after he helped me.

Before we left I quickly ran upstairs to apply a small amount of makeup and fixing my hair so I actually looked decent, grabbed my purse and phone and ran back down stares almost crashing into James, "woah!" He shouted laughing at me as I tripped over but balancing myself just in time for me not to fall over.

"Not funny," I stated laughing a bit myself, "whatever," he said as we walked out to my car. The car drive was full of us just chatting about everything and soon enough we arrived. "Yay!" James shouted like a little child. I giggled, "let's go," I said getting out the car and locking it.

We basically ran towards the dessert place, both of us excited. We got there and walked in grabbing a table for two.

I ordered a warm chocolate brownie with fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream whilst James went for a slice of cheesecake and cream. It was all so delicious as we ate it.

"This is so good," I said putting another mouthful of brownie in. James nodded in agreement.

I remembered what James was going to tell me that night at the park and decided to ask him about it now. "James?" I said smiling, "amy," he replied smiling as well. "You know that thing you were going to tell me at the park the other night but you didn't because your phone went off, well I just wanted to know if you could tell me now?" I asked him sweetly wanting to know what he had to say.

He looked down from my face to the table, "maybe I shouldn't," he said not looking back up again. "No you should come on please James," I protested. He sighed, "fine but I can tell that this is going to shock you," he said now looking up at me.

"Ok carry on," I said back. "Well basically you know your situation with Jai?" He said. I could tell that he was just trying to drag this out. "Yes.." I said gesturing for him to keep going.

"Well you see he won't stop going on about how he fucked up big time with you and how sorry he is and how much he really loves you and wants and needed you back...,"