𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳𝗳

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙𝗙 ▬ ★ ??

HAND FINDING HEESEUNG'S, MIDORI TRIED TO LACE HER FINGERS WITH HIS AS A WAY TO COMFORT HERSELF

HAND FINDING HEESEUNG'S, MIDORI TRIED TO LACE HER FINGERS WITH HIS AS A WAY TO COMFORT HERSELF. What surprised her was when Heeseung pulled away, giving her a slight look. Feeling a slight pang through her heart, Midori gave Heeseung a questioning look. Opening her mouth, she was about to ask him if anything was wrong when the door to their waiting room opened, interrupting her.

A hand with black painted nail polish, belonging to no other than their senior ━ Mercy ━ had curled themselves around the door handle. Behind her stood a familiar face: Hwang Hyunjin. Eyes lighting up with happiness, the spark quickly died down, for Midori laid quick eyes on the distance between Mercy and Hyunjin. 

They stood a lot closer than expected. 

It was as if an arrow covered with jealousy struck her heart, piercing through it. 

Not only was Mercy dating Heeseung, but she was friends with Hyunjin?

Midori's eyes met Mercy's. 

The two girls shared a brief look. 

Midori was used to being the intimidating one, the one who could look down on others, but in her current spot, she was inferior. In every aspect, there was. 

A feeling of insecurity washed over her while tension began to rise inside the waiting room.

Mercy's eyes quickly ran over Midori's frame and, in an instant, Midori couldn't help but feel judged under her strong gaze. Swallowing the heavy lump in her throat, Midori was quick to break eye contact, finding it impossible to look into Mercy's eyes.

      'Merc,' Heeseung spoke, lips forming a bright smile. Without a second word, Heeseung stood up and covered the distance between the two. 

Eyes glancing over his shoulder, Heeseung gave Midori and the rest of them a quick smile. 'We'll be right back.'

Curious eyes continued to watch as Heeseung and Mercy walked out of the waiting room, hand in hand. 

Midori despised it. 

The feeling that clawed and screeched inside of her, banging its fists against the walls of her heart. Her eyes met Hyunjin's and unlike Heeseung's, they did not light up. She had a hard time figuring out what it was. Or. . . she did not really. What she had a hard time doing was admitting to herself that her thoughts were wrong. 

Being envious was wrong. Heeseung deserved to be happy, as did Mercy. She was sure they'd sacrifice their lives for each other. And somehow, Midori despised that. As much as she liked Hyunjin, they did not have what Heeseung and Mercy had. She wanted it so badly, she wanted to be loved, to love, to sacrifice and to feel that ecstasy of true love. 

There was no doubt in her mind that Heeseung and Mercy were made for each other. 

      'Can I speak to you, Midori?' Hyunjin asked, eyes trained on her. 

      'Yeah. . .' Midori trailed off, pushing herself off the couch. 

Hand finding Hyunjin's, all the frustration she had built up seemed to disappear in an instant. He made her forget, and she adored him for it. 

      'Are you alright?' he asked, worried eyes finding hers. 

      'Yeah. . . don't worry about it,' she answered, giving him a reassuring smile. 

It wasn't fair to Hyunjin, was it? To feel that way. To envy her friend and his relationship, to feel like Hyunjin wasn't enough. He was, Hyunjin was more than enough and perhaps he didn't deserve someone like Midori, someone who thought so ill of him.

Perhaps he would be better off without her. . .

jia's note﹗

jia's note

be honest with me, who do u prefer? 

mercy or midori