𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗺𝗲?

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗜-𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗 ▬ ★ ??

⌗ ; 𝗜-𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗 ▬ ★ ??

(japanese in italics)

CLOSE YOUR EYES.

Imagine you're at the beach, fine sand under your feet, a pleasant squall bringing a taste of salt upon your tongue. The sky painted in black ink, stars with their cold and calculated illumination gazing down at you.

At that moment, you find solace in their comforting eyes, watching you from the divine heavens above. Silence, no cars, no birds, no people, only the breeze twirling around you like a ballerina. The waves lapping against the shore, crystal clear the sea reflects the seraphic harbingers above.

You walk closer, yearning to feel the warm water hug your ankles. You walk, you walk, you walk but no matter how many steps you take, you can't seem to reach the shoreline.

So you open your eyes, expecting to see the beckoning sea in front of you, but you don't. There is no shoreline, no water, the waves you once heard gone.

What you see is a vast and empty void, a pit of nothingness. You reach out, trying to touch it, your fingertips can feel the water that once was but there is none. There is nothing, just you, stranded in the middle of nothing.

Empty.

You feel empty and that's what Midori felt when she sat on the couch on the second floor, staring into the nothingness that had a scary similarity with the sandy beach.

Their newest arrivals were happily chatting with each other, some shyer than others, but none had dared to approach Midori, not even the I-LANDERs.

She had greeted them with a big smile, she had wiped her tears with the hem of her sleeves and forced a laugh out of her mouth when they arrived. She had forced herself to be positive in front of them. Don't get her wrong, she was happy to see them, happy to interact with them and get to know them but she had never been one to push her feelings aside. Midori let herself feel those feelings, she let herself wallow in a pit of her own feelings. For if she tried to run from such a storm, she would only grow exhausted by the time it caught up to her. To push such feelings away in that moment only led to her feeling worse after.

A hand placed itself on her knee. K kneeled down in front of her, face levelled with hers as he held a plate in his other hand.

'Eat,' he said, pushing the plate into her hands.

Midori tore her eyes from the wall and glanced at him. Fingers grasping the plate, she placed it on the table. 'I'll eat later,' she answered.

'Now's not the time to be depressed, Midori,' K told her, soft eyes looking into hers.

She snorted, lips twisting into a smile of disbelief. 'I'm sad, K, not depressed. I'd rather not go back to that hellhole ever again.'

K sighed. 'Do you want to talk about it?'

'Did you vote him out?' she asked, eyes digging into his.

He shook his head. 'I didn't,' K denied.

Running her hands over her face, Midori let out a small groan. 'I just don't know what I'm going to do. It's only a week but we've been together every single day.'

Midori was well aware of the fact that they voted him out because of him ━ not because of his score ━ but because of the way he acted. Had he done anything wrong? No, at least not in Midori's eyes. Then why would they vote him out?

She had a hard time trying to figure out why they would vote him out, he helped, supported, and brightened the mood.

'I miss him,' she said. 'It's been a long time since I felt like this.'

'Felt like what?'

'This empty. With Naito, I rarely feel sad. He always cheers me up, he━' Midori cut herself off with a small laugh, the imagine of Naito covering her vision. '━always does these funny faces to make me smile.'

'And when I'm sad or cry he hugs me really really tight.'

K furrowed his eyebrows while giving her a perplexed look. 'Why does he hug you so tight?'

'Because he knows those tight hugs will distract me from crying.'

'How come?'

'I'll be too focused on the fact that he's almost squeezing the life out of me.'

'Do you feel better when he does that?.'

Midori nodded. 'I do.'

K's eyes wandered from hers to the side of the couch in thought.

Seconds passed quickly and Midori had almost returned to her own thoughts when she felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around her.

'K,' Midori squealed, her hands holding onto his arms for dear life as he almost squeezed the life out of her. Every negative emotion Midori held at that moment got squeezed out of her, swallowed by a wave of comfort.

She patted his arm, silently telling him that he could let go ━ but he didn't. And Midori realised that he probably wouldn't let go, so the only thing she could do was to make herself comfortable in his arms.

Muscles relaxing, Midori let her head fall against his shoulder, letting herself feel the comfort and the safety his hug brought.

His grip slowly began loosening and her muscles tensed once again, latching onto his arms, keeping them in a tight grip to stop him from leaving.

'Don't,' she said, voice in a plea.

So he didn't, K didn't let go.