𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 ▬ ★ ??

HER HEART WAS IN HER THROAT, pounding against her chest as if trying to break free

HER HEART WAS IN HER THROAT, pounding against her chest as if trying to break free. The weight of the past bore down on her shoulders, filling her with a mix of anxiety and anticipation. The presence of the officers, their watchful eyes, made her feel exposed, as if her every move was being scrutinised.

As she stepped closer to the visitation room, her breaths grew shallow and unsteady. Each step felt heavier than the last, as if an invisible force was trying to hold her back. The gravity of the situation weighed on her mind, stirring a whirlwind of emotions within her.

Her palms grew clammy, and she wiped them nervously on her pants, trying to steady her trembling hands. The officer's instructions echoed in her ears, reminding her of the consequences of any inappropriate behaviour. The pressure to uphold her composure only intensified her inner turmoil.

Taking a seat in the room, Midori's gaze fixated on the empty space before her. The emptiness mirrored the void that had formed between her and Kaycee, the fractures in their once unbreakable bond. Her mind raced with a cascade of thoughts and memories, colliding like waves against the shore.

Her fingers intertwined and tugged at each other, a physical manifestation of her inner turmoil. The silence in the room amplified the cacophony of emotions churning within her. Fear mingled with the remnants of affection, leaving her torn between compassion and anger.

As the door swung open, the sound of shuffling footsteps pierced the air, signaling Kaycee's arrival. Midori's breathing hitched, her gaze fixated on the figure that entered the room. Straightening her back, she met Kaycee's eyes, her stare piercing and filled with unspoken judgment.

With each passing moment, Midori's eyes roamed over Kaycee's appearance, taking in every detail. Her once-friend looked different, worn down by the weight of their shared history. Midori's gaze lingered on Kaycee's disheveled hair, her eyes searching for any flicker of remorse or recognition.

Their eyes locked, and an uncomfortable silence hung in the air. Midori's face remained stoic, betraying none of the emotions swirling within her. The girl before her was a stranger, someone who had betrayed not only her, but also Naito. The pain and anger that had festered within Midori were etched onto her features, a testament to the scars left behind.

The room felt confined, suffocating, as if holding the weight of their unresolved past. Midori's mind flashed back to the moments of their friendship, the laughter and shared secrets that had once defined their bond. Now, all that remained was a shattered connection, a tangled web of broken trust.

Kaycee shifted uncomfortably under Midori's piercing gaze, a flicker of guilt crossing her eyes. Midori's silence spoke volumes, conveying the depth of her disappointment and the magnitude of the pain inflicted. In that moment, Midori realized the power she held the power to confront, to demand answers, and to find closure.

'How pathetic you look,' Midori whispered, yet she knew very well Kaycee heard her. 

'Did you come here to taunt me?' Kaycee sneered. 

'Taunt you? No, Kaycee, I came here to see the face of someone who thought they could ruin the lives of others without consequences,' Midori replied, her words slicing through the room. 'You should be grateful that you're sitting on the other side of that glass because I can't fathom the rage that would consume me if I had to be in the same room with you.'

Kaycee's eyes widened, a flicker of unease crossing her face. Midori's words had hit their mark, unmasking the facade of arrogance and reminding Kaycee of the weight of her actions.

'Oh, don't worry. I won't stoop down to your level,' Midori continued, a sardonic smile playing on her lips. 'I wouldn't want to get my hands dirty with the likes of you.'

Kaycee's eyes blazed with a mixture of anger and desperation as she struggled to find a retort, her voice quivering with the weight of her wounded pride. 'You think you're so righteous, don't you?' Kaycee spat, her voice laced with venom. 'Well, let me tell you something, Midori. You may have your little victory here, but it won't change a thing. I'll always be the one who knows your secrets, who knows how to break you.'

'Oh, come on. It's not my fault you dug your own grave.' Midori shrugged nonchalantly, her gaze still fixed on Kaycee.

Kaycee's eyes flashed with defiance as she attempted to regain her composure. 'You may think you've won, Midori, but you have no idea what I'm capable of. I can still ruin you.'

'Oh, honey, you couldn't ruin a sandwich, let alone someone like me. Your threats are as empty as your words.'

'You'll regret underestimating me, Midori.'

'Regret? No, I don't waste my time on regrets. I've learned from my mistakes, and I've moved on. You, on the other hand, seem stuck in your own little world of bitterness and desperation.' Midori's eyes ran over Kaycee's face with faux sympathy.

With those final words, Midori turned on her heel, walking away from the glass panel and leaving Kaycee seething in her wake. The battle of words had reached its peak, and Midori had emerged victorious, leaving Kaycee to confront the repercussions of her choices.

As Midori left the room, a sense of liberation washed over her. She had stood her ground, faced her former friend-turned-enemy, and reclaimed her power.

 She had stood her ground, faced her former friend-turned-enemy, and reclaimed her power