𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗗𝗬 ▬ ★ ??

SHAKESPEARE WAS KNOWN FOR HIS TRAGEDIES. The one with Hamlet and poor Ophelia was probably one of the most famous alongside the star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet. At least Hamlet loved Ophelia, and at least Romeo was willing to go great lengths to be with Juliet. And Hyunjin. . . he wasn't willing to do any of that apparently. 

Midori wondered what her own tragedy would be called.

Admittedly, she had not been the best girlfriend. She had flaws, many of which she tried to push away instead of working on. She got jealous, and greedy for attention. However, every day, she worked on trying to change herself for the better. While the road was long and she still had a far way to go, she was trying her best to make a difference. 

Was that not enough?

Mercy pushed herself off the wall. 'I'm sorry, Midori.'

      'It's fine,' Midori replied, exhaling a heavy sigh. 

      'Beomgyu wanted to tell you but he doesn't really know you so. . . I took the liberty of telling you,' she said.

      'I appreciate that.' Midori nodded.

      'Are you going to break up with him?' Mercy asked. 

      'I want to talk to him first,' Midori admitted. 

      'You don't seem too angry about it.'

      'I suppose I saw it coming. . .' Midori mumbled to herself. 

Midori had a hard time fathoming why anyone would even dare cheat. It was cruel and gutless. There was no reason to make promises that he couldn't keep. He could not promise her forever when they were doomed because of his choices.

She understood that he could have been unhappy and felt like his ends were not met. But the least he could do was send her a text that they were over. At least that would stop the rising humiliation that clawed against her heart.  

It was all a delusional addiction on his end. A cheap thrill that served as a distraction. What Midori tried to understand was the fact that he needed a distraction. Had he been stressed from work and needed someone to calm him down? Had he been craving human contact? The touch of a woman? The slow whispers that escaped from their lips, enchanting like a siren's song, waiting to lure the sailors to their dangerous grounds. 

Was that what he was seeking? 

The adventure of chasing a siren?'

Like a sailor, lost, he had stumbled across their lands. 

And a fool he had been for throwing himself into the water to come closer to such enchanting creatures. 

      'Do you want to go right away, or. . ?' Mercy asked, finding slight amusement in the drama. 

      'Better now than later, right?'

      'I'm not sure. . .' Mercy admitted. 'Although, I doubt they'd mind if I whisked you away for a few hours. You do have a good reason for it, and I do have your back if they ever ask.'

Midori's face contorted into one of discomfort. 'Is it supposed to hurt?'

      'Yeah,' Mercy said, a melancholic smile on her lips. 'It is. It's supposed to feel like your world is ending.'

      'I'm sorry. . . about you and Heeseung,' Midori muttered, eyes casting down to her hands. 'And for being a bitch.' 

      'Hey,' Mercy softly sighed, placing a hand on Midori's shoulder. 'Don't worry about it. We're past that. We're friends now, okay?'

Midori hastily nodded. 'Okay.'

      'Now,' Mercy began and removed her hand. 'I will drive you to the JYP building, and we'll find Hyunjin.'

Perhaps it wasn't all too bad. 

All stories had something in common, even Midori's. 

They all came to an end.