𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 ▬ ★ ??

NAITO WAS FURIOUS. Not only him but so were the rest of the members. Although, their rage was nothing compared to Naito's. Cusses left his lips left and right, not even the sweet murmurs of Sunoo could calm him down. 

Midori sat calmly at the table, watching her own brother get consumed by his rage, a small smile of amusement tainted her lips. Sunoo's hand was slowly rubbing up and down Naito's upper arm.

      'It's fine Naito,' she reassured him, masking her heartbreak with honey-laced words.

      'Is it really, though?' Naito argued, turning around to face her. 'Melody, he cheated on you.'

Jay's shoulders lifted into a shrug. 'His fault.'

      'Yeah,' Sunghoon agreed, leaning against the kitchen counter, arms crossed over his chest, sleeves rolled up. 'It's his loss.'

      'We're going to have to inform our manager as well, they can't continue pushing your relationship after this,' Jungwon spoke up, pulling a chair out beside Midori. He leaned against it, a worried look painting his youthful features.

There might have been a smile on her face, but Jungwon knew her better than that. 

If anyone knew what Midori looked like when she was heartbroken, it was Jungwon. For he had once been the very thing that broke her heart.

      'We'll be here for you, Midori. We know you don't need a protection squad but. . .' Heeseung inhaled a sharp breath. 'We'll always be here for you.'

Eyes casting towards the floor, Midori slowly nodded. 

Slowly, salty water gathered in the corner of her eyes. The tears opened the windows and doors to her soul, letting the rest of the boys take a peek inside her heart. 

Generous streams bled through her eyes, her heart feeling awfully exposed when she cried in front of them. 

Her mind wandered to Hyunjin. The soft tickle of his thorned lips still burned against her lips. Oh, how he ruined her. Those disastrous sins they committed between themselves, his wicked whispers would echo against infinity in the night, insidious voice, clouding her mind like fog in a meadow. 

When infatuation met the spark inside her chest, the resultant conflagration proved itself to be fatal for their love, slowly killing it from the inside, tearing it apart with its violent nature. The reason for her burning flame inside her heart had been him, Hyunjin. And it was only natural for humans to eliminate what was dangerous. Fire was one of them. 

Yet his presence calmed the cacophony that was her beating heart, turning it into a euphony for the angels to dance along with. His eyes, like pearls in the sky, implored her to fly higher. Her face morphed into the colours of the ingenuous aurora. He fed off her delusions and colours that would obscure her judgement, bringing her closer to the sun, knowing full well it would set her on fire.

What Hyunjin forgot was that angels don't burn.

      'I told you it was a bad idea,' Ni-ki muttered, eyes trained on her. 

      'You never did,' Midori said between tears, eyes meeting his. 'You stormed off like a child when I told you we were together.'

Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at her. 'Doesn't change the fact that I was right.'

Jaw locked, Midori's lips formed a small frown. 'Do you take pride in my pain, Riki? He might have cheated on me but he made me the happiest girl for a few months. Moments like those are unforgettable.'

      'You could be happier with someone else. . .'

      'Ni-ki,' Sunghoon sighed and slowly walked over to Midori, placing a hand on her shoulder, a soft glare sent Ni-ki's way. 'Let her be grieving for a while. We all know what you want, but now's not the right time.'

Ni-ki's eyes shifted between the hand on her shoulder and Sunghoon. A small scoff left his lips. 'Could say the same about you, hyung.'

Silence engulfed the group.

Sensing the growing tension, Jake cleared his throat. 'Ni-ki, want to play some fifa?'

      'Sure,' Ni-ki grumbled sourly and followed Jake to the living room. 

      'You okay?' Sunghoon asked her, grip around her shoulder tightening. 

The older boy kneeled down in front of her, tender eyes staring up at her own. 

Midori only closed her eyes, slowly shaking her head. 

      'Come on,' she heard Naito say. 'Let's leave them alone.'

      'Talk to me, Midori,' Sunghoon's voice lowered into a mere whisper. 

      'It feels like I'm drowning,' Midori admitted, hands finding each other, gently picking at her nails. 

      'Midori. . .' Sunghoon sighed, taking hold of her hands to stop her from accidentally hurting herself. 'If there was a way I could take away your pain. . .'

      'Make me forget, Sunghoon,' Midori said, voice in a plead.

      'Forget what?'

      'Him. Make me forget him.'