𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳𝗳-𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘀?

❝ 𝗗𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘... 𓏴 ♢

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗣 those who fall for you ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

⌗ ; 𝗜-𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗 ▬ ★ ??

⌗ ; 𝗜-𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗 ▬ ★ ??

NAITO WAS MORE NERVOUS THAN MIDORI

It was his first time taking part in a survival show, he was bound to be nervous. Midori was too, but she had been in that exact same place before. A day before her first performance, nerves were running laps inside her body.

'Where's your necklace?' Midori asked, pointing at his neck.

'What do you mean?' Naito asked, giving her a perplexed look.

'The necklace mum gave us,' Midori muttered.

'Oh,' Naito uttered, hand making its way to his throat. 'They took it, said it didn't fit with the outfit.'

A small frown turned Midori's lips downwards. 'You could've just tucked it into the shirt.'

Hands making their way to her own necklace, she couldn't shake the weird feeling off her as soon as he told her they took his necklace. It wasn't theirs to take. Even if it didn't fit with the outfit, it was a necklace given by their mother, one that they've always worn.

Shrugging, Naito placed a hand on her shoulder. 'If I get voted out━'

'Naito, please,' Midori cut him off, not wanting to hear it.

'I'm serious, Midori, I don't know if I'll get a high score. I only have one line, I'm practically always in the background and I'm nervous as if I'm a shipwreck,' Naito said, words blurting out of his mouth.

A smile of pity painted her features. Oh, how badly she wanted to take all of his worries away, how badly she wanted to piece the shipwreck together, hand by hand. But she found herself empty-handed and stranded, too far away to fix his worries. She could see, she could touch, she could feel, but she could not take. Like water, his worries only ran through the gaps between her fingers.

Cold and merciless, the water swallowed anything and everything. Dangerous, albeit slow, the water turned a blind eye to anyone ━ worry came in all forms, and to everyone. None could escape the suffocating feeling.

He was right, Naito did only have one line and was practically only in the background.

'You'll be fine,' Midori assured him.

Once the sun fell, it pulled the blue sky with it, revealing never ending darkness. Beckoning sweetness, it called out for one, come, join me. During the day, no other star than the one everyone called home could be seen. But as nightfall came, slowly but surely, stars revealed themselves. Naito's time to shine would come when the time was right, Midori was sure of it. For in her eyes, he was the star that lit up her sky.

The incipient of their journey had just begun and Midori could already feel the heavy weight tug her shoulders downwards, closer to the depths of the sea and further from the beckoning sky.

Naito chuckled. 'You've always been a terrible liar.'

'Only to you. It's impossible to lie to someone who knows you better than you know yourself,' Midori said.

'You're saying I know you better than you know yourself?'

'Is it not the truth?'

'It is.'

'Midori?'

The sudden voice caused Naito and Midori's heads to perk up.

'Yeah?' Midori asked, looking at Sunghoon.

'Can you help me?' He questioned. 'With the vocals, I can't get my part right.'

Midori quickly nodded. 'Of course.'

Turning her head to look at Naito, she gave the boy a small smile before walking off with Sunghoon to one of the smaller practice rooms. Naito's eyes followed her until she had left the room, leaving him alone to himself and his thoughts.

However, the silence did not last long before someone else walked into the room.

'You good?' Jungwon asked, looking at Naito who was seated on the floor.

Snapping his head upwards towards the door, Naito nodded. 'All good,' Naito replied.

'I need to talk to you about something. . .' Jungwon trailed off.

'Okay. . .' Naito said, 'take a seat.'

'I'd rather stand,' Jungwon said, letting out an awkward chuckle.

'Then. . . stand.'

Naito narrowed his eyes at Jungwon, noticing the awkwardness that seemed to reek off him.

'Are we cool? I know you don't really like me because of what I did to Midori━'

'It's fine,' Naito cut him off.

Jungwon's face lit up. 'Really?'

'Yeah,' Naito nodded.

'Okay,' Jungwon smiled, fingers curling themselves around the door handle. Taking a step back, Jungwon pulled the door with him, ready to leave Naito alone when a thought struck him in the head.

'Oh and one more thing, hyung?'

'Yeah?'

'I think I like your sister.'